ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

issue regarding bank statement.plz help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikh123jv
Newly Registered

issue regarding bank statement.plz help

Post by sheikh123jv » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Hey I applied for a tier 4 visa,but after I submitted my application with all the documents including the bank statement I made a small transaction and took out around 10000 rupees equvilant to 50 pounds.will that be a problem?i took the money out for my own personal use.Please note that after taking out this amount I still have enough money in my account.will that be an issue?

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Re: issue regarding bank statement.plz help

Post by Jonmattias » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:38 pm

If u have enough money to full fill student visa requirement, then no problem.

One of my client, withdraw a huge amount of money from his account, below the requirement of visa and luckily he got the visa.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: issue regarding bank statement.plz help

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:52 pm

In a nut shell, you will have NO PROBLEMS. YOU are fine.

to explain more about the maintenance. the situation varies from In country applications to applying outside the UK.

applying inside the UK, you must show money for your maintenance for up to a maximum of 9 months or 2 months. this depends whether you study inner London or outer London and whether you qualify for reduced/lower maintenance or you have to show full maintenance.

reduced/ lower maintenance = 2 months maintenance money, depending where you study inner/outer London. (if you study both inner and outer, then you will have to show money according to where you will study majority of the course.)

full maintenance = up to 9 months, depending where you study inner/outer London. (if you study both inner and outer, then you will have to show money according to where you will study majority of the course.)

when applying from outside the UK. the problem happens when people just put in the money to get the bank statement and take all the money out straight away after getting the bank statements. that is where the problem happens. you have taken out a small amount for your personal use and that is absolutely fine because the money cant just stay in the bank, you have got to use it. and it did not affect the required amount.
it is better not to spend the maintenance money because its for the UK maintenance. any excess money can be used as you like. because the maintenance money is to be used in the UK and if you use it back home than what will you do in the UK.

in the uk if you qualify for a lower maintenance then,
183. The money you show us must be for your use for studying and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner specified in this guidance (TIER 4) - must continue to be available to you after your application is made, except for any money you have to pay for course fees and living costs.

so that means if you study outer London and have an established presence you will show a minimum of £1,640 held in your bank for a consecutive period of 28 days. however you can continue to use this money for your living costs which means, after the bank statement has been produced you can use it to pay rent, bills and etc.

the value of £1,640 is correct as at (16/02/15) and may change. please check the tier 4 for the up to date maintenance amount required.