ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why we need P60 for last 5 yrs ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Why we need P60 for last 5 yrs ?

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi All

I am waiting to apply for ILR next month, just wanted to ask you guys ..

Apart from things to be proved for tier 1 extention what else we need to prrove?
For ex. I just read people are submitting their p60 for last 5 years, where does it say that we need to show employement history for last 5 years? Is there any thing else that i might be missing?

I have earned more than needed in last 12 months, we have savings to prove maintainance, we have cleared life in the uk test , and both me and wife have their degrees listed on PBS for english.

Is there anything i am missing here ?

Apologies for such a subjective question ..

montysingh

Re: Why we need P60 for last 5 yrs ?

Post by montysingh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:03 pm

muditmalhotra wrote:Hi All

I am waiting to apply for ILR next month, just wanted to ask you guys ..

Apart from things to be proved for tier 1 extention what else we need to prrove?
For ex. I just read people are submitting their p60 for last 5 years, where does it say that we need to show employement history for last 5 years? Is there any thing else that i might be missing?

I have earned more than needed in last 12 months, we have savings to prove maintainance, we have cleared life in the uk test , and both me and wife have their degrees listed on PBS for english.

Is there anything i am missing here ?

Apologies for such a subjective question ..

No mate, you Do not need 5 years P60 for your ILR application. its just one of those extra things sometimes people provide just for the sake of it.
~Also, you do not need maintenance funds for ILR either

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Thanks Monty bro...

One less thing to worry abt... i was like.. dunno what else m i missing.

Thanks

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:45 pm

muditmalhotra wrote:Thanks Monty bro...

One less thing to worry abt... i was like.. dunno what else m i missing.

Thanks
no worries bro,

When are you applying......

The only thing i can mention is absence letter for absences and also cohabitation documents.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:38 am

montysingh wrote: no worries bro,

The only thing i can mention is absence letter for absences and also cohabitation documents.
I am applying in end of march,

What is an absence letter ??

I have been out of the uk for 175 days in total in last 5 years.. but what documents do i need for that ?

is this limit for 180 days per year or is this total no. of days out of uk in last 5 years ?

And for cohabitation we have joint accounts and joint council tax and credit card bills i think that should be enough isnt ?

what are your thoughts ?

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:29 am

muditmalhotra wrote:

I have been out of the uk for 175 days in total in last 5 years.. but what documents do i need for that ?

is this limit for 180 days per year or is this total no. of days out of uk in last 5 years ?

And for cohabitation we have joint accounts and joint council tax and credit card bills i think that should be enough isnt ?

what are your thoughts ?
When you will complete the SET O form, you will come across a section where you will need to mention all the dates you were away from UK and to justify those holidays you will require an employer letter confirming you were on annual leave on those dates. I have read quite a lot of posts here and I am 50/50 about taking an employer letter for myself as there are loads of people to whom the caseworker didn't ask for absence proof. but there were some others who were only away for about 50 and even they were asked for proof as well.
and cohabitation documents are fine.
you applying for PEO or post

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:35 am

montysingh wrote:
muditmalhotra wrote:

what are your thoughts ?
When you will complete the SET O form, you will come across a section where you will need to mention all the dates you were away from UK and to justify those holidays you will require an employer letter confirming you were on annual leave on those dates. I have read quite a lot of posts here and I am 50/50 about taking an employer letter for myself as there are loads of people to whom the caseworker didn't ask for absence proof. but there were some others who were only away for about 50 and even they were asked for proof as well.
and cohabitation documents are fine.
you applying for PEO or post
PEO....

Well i think if absence is within limit u dnt need any letter from employer.. And i am like contracting thru my umbrella company so trs no employer to confirm that either...

When r u applying ??

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:26 pm

answer is simple. P60 / Statement of earnings/ Employment history shows economic activity and helps case workers to check NI/ Tax records to see whether they match exactly with HMRC or not. I have seen many threads in which TAX amount X has been declared while initial/ extension and TAX X-Y=Z has been paid to HMRC, to cross check this they could request a P60/P45 / or any other SA302, of P800/T, which can be easily verified by HO from HMRC records.

Even if you dont carry P60's HO can verify your evidence of taxes paid straightaway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,