ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Further Leave to Remain and child Birth Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoobydoolondon

First Further Leave to Remain and child Birth Certificate

Post by scoobydoolondon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 am

My wife was granted her first 2.5 year Spouse Visa which ends 1st March 2017.

My wife gave birth to our first child on 6th Feb 2015.

As I understand, there is a 2-year rule for documentation submission. To my understanding, that means I can only include documentation dated from 1st March 2015 to 1st March 2017 for the first Further Leave to Remain (FLR) application - is this correct?

Clearly I want to show that the family has grown and I'd like to include our child's Birth Certificate at the next FLR(M) application. I have 42 days to register the birth.

If I register the birth now, does that mean our child's Birth Certificate cannot be used as evidence as the document will be more than 2 years old?

Or should I wait until say 2nd March 2015 to obtain the child's Birth Certificate for inclusion at the next FLR(M) application?

Thanks in advance

julian1972

Re: First Further Leave to Remain and child Birth Certificat

Post by julian1972 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 am

Obtain the child's birth certificate now and include it with the application in 2017. The certificate does not show proof of cohabitation and would not be considered as such.

scoobydoolondon

Post by scoobydoolondon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 am

Many thanks.

Ahhhh, so the 2 year rule only refers to cohabitation documents?

So am I right in assuming that we need to show documentary evidence, in joint names, every 4 months, for the 2 years just prior to the FLR(M) application? ie 6 intervals

In terms of proof, how many pieces of evidence would be sufficient and can we use the same source more than once? What we have thus far, is as follows:

BT phone bill - in joint names
Water bill - in joint names
Bank account 1 - in joint names
Bank account 2 - in joint names

So, is it sufficient to produce the above, for cohabitation purposes, 6 times? ie every 4 month period for 2 years for cohabitation proof?

Is there anything else we can add to further prove our case?

PS council tax, gas, electric and TV license are in my parents names.

Thanks

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:42 am

The proof of cohabitation should be from 3 different sources. Look at form FLR(M) towards the last page, it is explained there.