ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Section 1.22 and other queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nandug23
Newly Registered

Form AN Section 1.22 and other queries

Post by nandug23 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello Guys,

I'm going to apply for my citizenship (NCS option) through the 5 yrs Tier2 + 1yr ILR route this month. I went through quite a few posts, but my doubts remai. Please help me with the below:

1) With regards to Knowledge of language / life in UK, I had appeared for these during my ILR (Sep 2013 approved). So, how do I claim this in the application Form AN now. The closest option I found was "met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;". But my life in the UK test was done before this. Please let me know the way forward.

2) As per residence requirements, My absences from UK are required to be lesser than 450 days in the 5 year QP and lesser than 90 days in the last 12 months period. I satisfy these requirements easily. However, I have been outside of UK for around 280 days in the 5 yr QP (as part of my annual leave, etc), therefore do I require to provide any proof / explaination for my gaps (employer letter, medical letter, etc) although it is quite lesser than 450 days?

3) I expect that the payment can be made at the local NCS office. Please let me know if otherwise.

And thanks a lot for all your help.

Many Thanks,
Nanda.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Form AN Section 1.22 and other queries

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:15 pm

1. Just tick the box next to "I have passed LIUK test".
2. No, you are fine.
3. The payment for NCS is made at NCS local office. The payment for application for naturalisation is made by filling and attaching payment slip with your application.
I am sometimes wrong.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:32 pm

You will need to prove your English language like you did in the ILR application, include your degree certificate or whatever else you submitted earlier
Manka

nandug23
Newly Registered

Post by nandug23 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Thanks a lot guys - milan69 and manka10.

@milan69 - I would need to provide the test number present in the liuk certificate. Isn't it? And is there a way to get this information if I don't have the certificate with me now?

Many thanks,
Nanda.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:26 pm

I am not sure how you can get the test number itself but I know HO has records of it and you should be fine just by ticking the box acknowledging that you have had the test.
There is no need to retake the test again.
I am sometimes wrong.

nandug23
Newly Registered

Post by nandug23 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Great. Thanks again milan69.

Kind regards,
nanda.

nandug23
Newly Registered

Post by nandug23 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:33 am

Hello Guys,

I have a simple question with regards to the Section 3.10 or 3.11.

I was recently (well just yesterday, damn my luck) pulled over by the police as one of my headlights wasn't working. The police did a check on my UK DL and there were absolutely no negative things on the DL. I was then told to get it fixed right away and not drive until fixed. There was neither any fine levied nor any points applied on my DL. My questions:

1) Does this have any impact on my naturalisation decision?

2) Do I need to enter this on the naturalisation application form AN under section 3.10 or 3.11 which asks us to mention about any warnings or reprimands?

Many Thanks,
Nanda.