ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British PP with expired current PP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

Applying for British PP with expired current PP

Post by imranh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi Everyone

My wife's Pakistani passport (which contains her settlement visa stamp) will expire under 6 months time (August) and she intends to apply for British passport/naturalization just before this - maybe May/June/July time. At this point in time she doesn't see the point of renewing her Pakistani passport as she will be applying and hopefully receiving her British passport around the same period.

Is it OK to apply for naturalization with the expired Pakistani passport as she still has her ILR Biometric Resident Permit card? Or does the passport have to be not expired and hence she will have to renew her passport irrespective of the fact that she intends to apply for her British passport soon after?

Many Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for British PP with expired current PP

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:13 pm

It is not important if her passport has expired or not long as long as it shows the days she was present/absent in UK in regards to residency requirement.
I am sometimes wrong.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

milan69 wrote:It is not important if her passport has expired or not long as long as it shows the days she was present/absent in UK in regards to residency requirement.
Hi Milan69

Many thanks for your reply.

OK, I get what you are saying - for some reason I thought the passport was for ID purposes and for her settlement visa stamp but I guess she has her ILR BRP card for that.

Thanks once again.

Kind Regards

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm

If her passport has just expired or is about to it is fine.
The point is that her passport must show that she is within the residence requirement, meaning to show the days she has spent out of UK in the qualifying period.
I am sometimes wrong.