ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unpaid holidays

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mirzakhalid82
Newly Registered

unpaid holidays

Post by mirzakhalid82 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi, I am on Tier 1 general visa and my 5 year ilr is due soon.
I went to my home country for 10 days to attend my mother’s funeral :( . Now 7 days out of these 10 days were unpaid. Is there any problem with unpaid holidays? My employer was aware about it and I can also get letter from my employer explaining these days off.

I have also got my mother’s death certificate (original).

Now question is, can these 7 unpaid holidays can cause any problem or am I OK with this?
What kind of document(s) should I provide for unpaid holidays?
Any suggestions please…. Any one

Thank you

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: unpaid holidays

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi,

These are my opinions since I too had a similar case long back and now I am a British citizen.
I had to leave UK for a period of 20 days since my mother was terminally ill and she had to be hospitalised urgently.
If your employer is ready to give a letter then I feel there is no need to worry.
The unpaid leave issue is taken seriously only if you are in-between jobs and want to claim the days off from country. If the unpaid leave was within the employment period, UKBA does not care much. The continuity in a job is looked at more importantly.

I suggest you go for a inperson-PEO instead of postal. The caseworker has a chance to talk in case they have any doubts and it is easier that way IMHO.

Get a letter from employer and also attach the medical bills and anything hospital related which correlates to your absence days.
You will be fine.
If you still feel this is a sensitive issue for you then go for an OISC approved immigration solicitor who will be able to prepare your case more easily and send you for the PEO appointment.