ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate for EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Marriage certificate for EEA2

Post by barb78 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:18 am

My husband is going to send the EEA2 application and he's currently in the UK with a family permit.
I know that we have to send our marriage certificate but I'm wondering if we have to translate it first, (the original is both in French and Arabic, we also have it in Italian).
We did send the original marriage certificate without translation when we applied for his EEA Family Permit and there wasn't any problem, but I need to know if it would be the same now.
Thanks!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 pm

I am surprised that the French/Arabic or the Italian did work in the first place. I think you might not be that lucky this time. Also an English translation would help you a long way into your future as it is much easier to get anything done with the English one than any other language.
Jabi

jattzp
Newly Registered

Translation Marriage certificate

Post by jattzp » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:15 pm

you can contact Global Translators UK for translations. Their charges are competitive and translations excellent. you can contcat otehr people on immigration boards who has used their services. their contact email is *** www.*****.co.uk hope it may help.
Ta
Jattz

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by barb78 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:51 pm

I called the HO and they said that I should have it translated at the Tunisian Embassy (we got married in Tunisia and my husband is Tunisian) so I rang the embassy but they said that they don't provide this service and they don't have official translator either.
I ckeched some translations companies but the only one I found who says ''approved for Home Office'' charges £40 +VAT per page.... and my marriage certificate is 4 pages ..... :(

jattzp
Newly Registered

Post by jattzp » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:05 am

barb78 wrote:I called the HO and they said that I should have it translated at the Tunisian Embassy (we got married in Tunisia and my husband is Tunisian) so I rang the embassy but they said that they don't provide this service and they don't have official translator either.
I ckeched some translations companies but the only one I found who says ''approved for Home Office'' charges £40 +VAT per page.... and my marriage certificate is 4 pages ..... :(
it will cost you £25 per page including VAT from ***** Translators . as they are registered translators so it will be accepted by high commission. ring ***** or email ******
Ta

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:42 am

jattzp wrote:
barb78 wrote:I called the HO and they said that I should have it translated at the Tunisian Embassy (we got married in Tunisia and my husband is Tunisian) so I rang the embassy but they said that they don't provide this service and they don't have official translator either.
it will cost you £25 per page including VAT from Global Translators UK Ltd. as they are registered translators so it will be accepted by high commission. ring ******or email ********uk
Ta
Moderators....Spam!