ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Conviction, Advice needed please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

potofgold
Newly Registered

ILR Conviction, Advice needed please

Post by potofgold » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:25 am

Hi everyone, been following this forum for a while now and i can't seem to get any situation close to mine, apparently i'm due to apply for my ILR by March but unfortunately i go done for drink driving on 1st of Sept 2014, after reading different stories on here i got confused, but can anyone advice if i can apply for ILR or have to wait 3 years before i can apply for ILR please.

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Conviction, Advice needed please

Post by manci » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 am

potofgold
Newly Registered

Post by potofgold » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 pm

manci wrote:see immigration rule 322(1C)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
Thanks manci, since there wasn't any imprisonment i guess i'm safe then, right or right ? i got 14months and court fine

THanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 pm

read again, it is 2 years

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 pm

potofgold wrote:Hi everyone, been following this forum for a while now and i can't seem to get any situation close to mine, apparently i'm due to apply for my ILR by March but unfortunately i go done for drink driving on 1st of Sept 2014, after reading different stories on here i got confused, but can anyone advice if i can apply for ILR or have to wait 3 years before i can apply for ILR please.

Thanks.
Hi Potofgold,

For ILR applications with drink driving offence code DR10, you will have to wait 2yrs after date of conviction = 2nd Sept 2016
For Naturalisation (those already got ILR and want to apply for British Citizenship) will have to wait 3 years after date of conviction = 3rd Sept 2017.

So in your case, you have to wait 2yrs till 2016 before you can apply and you MUST DECLARE CONVICTION ON APPLICATION and please do try and stay clear of trouble...No more drink driving especially you were almost 6months away from ILR.

I'm kinda in your situation...Got done for drink driving in Aug 2012 (Night of Olympics ceremony) and have had to wait 3yrs as I'm currently on ILR status to apply for British citizenship come Aug 2015 and I've totally stop drinking when I go out ever since I got my license back in 2013.