ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUapplicant2
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Insurance

Post by EUapplicant2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi,

My EAA husband is a full fime student receiving full time scholarship.

I have couple of questions on comprehensive insurnce which I could not find their answers anywhere:
-What is the minimum insurance cover? I could not find anywhere
-My husband does not have it now. is it an issue? In the other words, EEA should have it at the time of application or he has to show that he had had it for a while?

Any help would be appreciated.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Comprehensive Insurance

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:47 am

There is no transparent guideline about CSI but it must provide cover in majority of circumstances. Usually at EEA2 RC stage the treaty rights must be the recent ones, therefore, the CSI policy must also be active at the time of application submission as well as while it will be in process. But for securing PR after 5 years if any of the period where EU national was student and didn't hold the CSI then the application will be refused.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUapplicant2
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Insurance

Post by EUapplicant2 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 am

Thank you very much. then the fact that he has been here for years but just bought a policy for EEA2 Application is not an issue?