ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can One File without Income Tax Return !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Can One File without Income Tax Return !!

Post by majic » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:40 am

Dear All,

I have:

(i) All 12 Salary Slips (Signed & Sealed)
(ii) Bank Statement Covering the Period Claimed
(iii) Letter from the Employer

All I am waiting for now is the TAX Return. The reason for this wait is that in Pakistan the income Tax returns are filed in September and the last date is 30th of September.

To add to it, the Tax department has clearly stated that those Salried individuals with only 1 source of income need not file thir Returns as the employer has already filed Annual TAX return which shows tax paid for each employee on his stated Annual Gross Salary of the organization in 1 consolidated form.

Therefore can I file without ITR or do I really need Income Tax return.

Please advice.

Regards
Last edited by majic on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jinnyjonny

Post by jinnyjonny » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:58 am

NO.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Can One File without Income Tax Return !!

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:51 pm

Yes if U r wroking and living in a country where there is no Tax system.
However your case has to be very strong as U need any other mean to show evidence of your involvement on the job.
Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Of course U could still file it if U want to take rsik. Whether they will approve it or not is another matter.

Why not just wait until you get your ITR by the end of September ?
majic wrote:Dear All,

Therefore can I file without ITR or do I really need Income Tax return.

Please advice.

Regards
Pantaiema

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 am

You can file up your case without ur ITR (as one of my frnd did it and got the approval) but ur reason should be strong enough to make the case worker satsified. As this has been clearly indicated in the HSMP guidlines that if the caseworker is not satisfy with y u r not providing the required document and instead providing alternate documents, he will simply reject it. So as the tax return are being filed here in paksitan thses days. what i suggest that u should not take a risk and apply with ITR.
Gud luk Bro,
Asim Khan - Khi- Pak

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hmm

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 pm

I am from Pakistan too. I am wondering how come you are not getting your ITR document? You can easily get it after July any time but yes you have to run for it. Go to the Income tax department. ITR period in Pakistan starts from July to June. Hurry up and get one, Make your case as strong as you can

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:22 pm

@majic,

ITR adds weightage to the case and no other doc can be as appealing as this. But i got my approval without ITR and it again depends on the credentials of other supporting docs you submit. Hence if you think you cant wait till it comes or you don think your ITR is having some problem go ahead now.

cheers
ikon

ruslan
Newly Registered

Post by ruslan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:28 pm

I have a sort of similar situation, i.e. I’m not able to provide the ITR. I’m from Rep. of Moldova and I’m software engineer. There is a low in Moldova - soft engineers and companies do not pay taxes, thus there is no ITR information.
Therefore, I provided the wage slips, banks statement and letter from employer for all the 12 months. I also explained why I can provide ITR and included an excerpt from the low
Does anybody have such kind of application?