ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on British Registration Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kuffs
Newly Registered

Travelling on British Registration Certificate

Post by Kuffs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 am

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask whether a minor is allowed to travel and enter the UK on a valid foreign passport and a British Registration Certificate? Does the minor require a British Passport to enter?

Thanks

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Travelling on British Registration Certificate

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:39 am

Some people have reported that this is doable although I would never suggest it to anyone. IMO apply for British Passport or RoA before you travel.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling on British Registration Certificate

Post by akhurshid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:58 am

Kuffs wrote:Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask whether a minor is allowed to travel and enter the UK on a valid foreign passport and a British Registration Certificate? Does the minor require a British Passport to enter?

Thanks
You will be allowed to enter in the UK even without citizenship certificate since its your right. That is not the problem. Problem is that citizenship certificate is not a travel document and it will not be accepted at the border of the country you are leaving from so you'll be pretty much stuck there.