ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after ELR (a familiar topic)?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enquirer
Newly Registered

ILR after ELR (a familiar topic)?

Post by enquirer » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:31 pm

Hello everybody.

This topic has been discussed a few times, but I wanted to get the latest.

I applied for ILR after expiration of 4 years of ELR. Since then it has been 4,5 months, but so far there is no reply. An indicative time for consideration is 13 weeks. I tried to call the HO, but "the application is being considered".

Does anybody know how long it is currently taking to receive ILR from ELR like in my situation? Anybody recently's obtained ILR?
(I was given ELR status after a rejected asylum application. I am in the UK since Aug 95).

Your reply is much appreciated.
E

Jeff Albright

Re: ILR after ELR (a familiar topic)?

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 am

enquirer wrote: Does anybody know how long it is currently taking to receive ILR from ELR like in my situation? Anybody recently's obtained ILR?
Apparently, for the timescales, it does not matter what sort of application you have sent - all in all the same dragging process - you can check the figures on IND website how long they now take to process the applications. Usual FLR applications stay there for 3 months now. I would expect yours will probably take twice or 3 times longer.
Just relax, live your life and take things easy. You will get your ILR stamp when you expect it the least...

tw30
Newly Registered

nearly one year

Post by tw30 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:13 pm

hi, i know some people who recently received there 'settled' ILR visa. they had completed 4 years ELR and applied for ILR under the asylum system. they had to wait 11 months for the decision to be made. also when they applied for a ILR travel document - having paid a large sum of money because they are a family of 5 - their money was taken for processing their application but no travel documents issued. IND told them to go to their embassy in london and have a passport issued by them. the ILR visa was then to go inside the new country of origin passport. contridiction really because as they were asylum seekers obviously they are not keen for their home country government to find out where they are.