ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsoring for general visitor visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abip2004
Newly Registered

sponsoring for general visitor visa

Post by abip2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi

I have spent many hours researching about what is needed to sponsor my boyfriend to come for a 2-3 week holiday to UK. The facts are:

He is coming from Zanzibar, he has never travelled before. He has his first passport now. He is self employed as a driver, and has a car. He does regular jobs for some hotels, taking guests to various trips. He also works as a painter/decorator when it is low season to get money.

He regularly supports his family financially and practically (he has younger siblings). He is building a house, but has no papers for this. He only opened a bank account in November. He has no business account, he deals with cash!

I can sponsor him and provide bank statements/pay slips/tenancy/phone bills/photos (we have been together 6 months). I have visited Zanzibar twice to see him so can photocopy my visa/ticket for that.

From what I have read the main sticking point is going to be providing acceptable proof that he will return to Zanzibar? He can provide a letter from one of the hotels to say he drives for them on a regular basis and he has said he is returning, and also a letter from one of the hotels he is due to paint on return. I can also write the letter of invitation stating I will ensure he returns. I also have made enquiries about finding work over there in an email so could include that?

Is there anything else we need to provide ??

Sorry I am sure this is a common question, but I have spent many hours reading other people's experiences and now decided to write my own post! He is 23yrs old.

Thanks in advance :)