ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Sponsonship Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brightmoon
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Sponsonship Letter

Post by brightmoon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi,

I am currently on ILR and sponsoring my wife to settle to UK, she is currently in Pakistan. I have filled out sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12. I was wondering since I am using this form do I still need to write a sponsorship letter (free form) to say I am sponsoring my wife and where she will live in UK etc?

Thanks

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa - Sponsonship Letter

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Yes
That one is mandatory.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

brightmoon
Newly Registered

Post by brightmoon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks, would the following be enough information to provide in the sponsorship/covering letter?

when and how how we met, when we got married, how we communicated after I came back to uk, where we plan to stay in uk, my employment and confirmation that I will support her during her stay.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:12 pm

brightmoon wrote:Thanks, would the following be enough information to provide in the sponsorship/covering letter?

when and how how we met, when we got married, how we communicated after I came back to uk, where we plan to stay in uk, my employment and confirmation that I will support her during her stay.
She needs VAF4 and Appendix 2 - not the sponsorship undertaking form. This application has very specific documentary requirements, including a letter from you.

brightmoon
Newly Registered

Post by brightmoon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks, can you please help me in detailing what should the letter from the sponsor cover?

brightmoon
Newly Registered

Post by brightmoon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:35 pm

I am just confused as some people are saying its mandatory and some say it's not. I don't see a point for this cover letter if it just says things which are already mentioned in vaf4a and appendix 2 forms; maybe just for confirmation purposes.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 am

the sponsorship letter explaining your relation etc is mandatory. sponsorship undertaking FormSU07/12 is not required for spouse visa purpose. BUT you are recommend to include that su07 form as I personally have seen many posts in which spouse visas have been rejected because they did not provide form su07. so you better be on safe side. what's the harm if you include it ?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

spring123

Post by spring123 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

I submitted an application recently in India, which was approved pretty surprisingly quickly.

I did not have any free form letter from me.

You'll see another post where I have said that UK Visas told me by email the sponsorship form SU 07 was not necessary. However, VFS application centre asked us to submit that form, so we did.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

The letter is not mandatory however it helps to give some context to your application, especially if there is anything you want to bring to their attention. My husband and I both wrote letters and in hindsight I think it may have added as further evidence our 'genuine relationship'.