ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COuncil Tax bill

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sinu.xlnc
Newly Registered

COuncil Tax bill

Post by Sinu.xlnc » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi ,
Im applying for ILR + 1 dependant on 5 year Tier 1 general.

As most of you suggested that it s better to keep Council tax bill with both our names on it. But My council tax is not willing to give any original copy or the receipt that i have paid for this year as i have paid it online. They said its not their policy to send the receipts in original.

The next letter from council tax will in march 2015 to let us know how much we have to pay for 2015-2016. But im applying for ILR in 1st week of march.

I do have the old letter from council tax - dated march 2014 and Aug 2014. Is this sufficient?

Can anyone advice what to do with Council tax letter?

Thanks

Sinu.xlnc
Newly Registered

Re: COuncil Tax bill

Post by Sinu.xlnc » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Also, Could you let me know what are the documents for Cohabitation i can Submit ?

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi,

I think if it was direct debit then you can send Bank statement and explain in covering letter should be ok

Sinu.xlnc wrote:Hi ,
Im applying for ILR + 1 dependant on 5 year Tier 1 general.

As most of you suggested that it s better to keep Council tax bill with both our names on it. But My council tax is not willing to give any original copy or the receipt that i have paid for this year as i have paid it online. They said its not their policy to send the receipts in original.

The next letter from council tax will in march 2015 to let us know how much we have to pay for 2015-2016. But im applying for ILR in 1st week of march.

I do have the old letter from council tax - dated march 2014 and Aug 2014. Is this sufficient?

Can anyone advice what to do with Council tax letter?

Thanks

hbkimran
Newly Registered

Post by hbkimran » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:03 pm

You can use print out of online bill or which you have got through e-mail.

I used print out of my council tax bill and energy providers bills for my ILR along with my wife on same 5 years route. You don't need for payment proof.
No Problem at all.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 am

Sinu.xlnc,

i could be wrong but wont the council tax letter that you have in Aug 2014 have the last date as March 2015. That should cover the March 2015 as well.