ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of Employment & effect on dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akubair
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Change of Employment & effect on dependents

Post by akubair » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I am currently working with Tier 2 General visa which is valid till March-2017. My wife also currently hold Tier 2 dependent visa with same time line. However due to her job situation she had to go back to India. More over I received a better job offer with a COS from another employer. Hence now I am in a process of applying change of employment for my current Tier 2 General visa. For same I have couple of queries;

1. Can I apply for change of employment for Tier 2 general skipping the dependent information for now ??

2. What effect will it have on my wife's visa ?? Will it be still valid or she has to go through pain full process of re-applying from India ??

suriips450
India

Re: Tier 2 General Change of Employment & effect on dependen

Post by suriips450 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm

1. Yes, you can apply for just yourself

2. If your visa changed before she is returning then your Wife must apply in India before she re-enter the Country

akubair
Newly Registered

Post by akubair » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you :)

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 am

Hello everyone,

I scanned through all the posts and am still unable :cry: to find answers for these :

1)I am on a Tier 2 General and am currently in the process of changing employer.Next week am applying by the premium service.
My wife is already in the UK on the Tier 2 Dependant Visa. Will she have to apply again for another Tier 2 VISA?

2)If yes, will she have to apply at the same time as me or can she applysay after a couple of weeks after i get my BRP.

3)Can someone please shed light on what documents does she need to apply with ?

4) Do we have to prove again that our relationship is subsisting? Like skype chats,marriage certificate,photos? Has anyone applied on a dependant visa from UK? Can you please help !! :roll:

suriips450
India

Post by suriips450 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:43 am

Yes, she has to apply at the same time that main applicant make new application.

Sending just wedding certificate will be good. I did this way last year, all success. Good luck.

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:59 am

suriips450 wrote:Yes, she has to apply at the same time that main applicant make new application.

Sending just wedding certificate will be good. I did this way last year, all success. Good luck.
Did you apply from within the UK or from outside the UK?

suriips450
India

Post by suriips450 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:01 am

In the UK