ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation/Sponsor letter for mother visiting from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

autocrazy

Invitation/Sponsor letter for mother visiting from India

Post by autocrazy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi

Could forumites who have provided an invitation/sponsor letter for their parents to visit from India to the UK, confirm if the following is letter is a good one, or I have missed something?

18th February, 2015

To
The Entry Clearance Officer
British Deputy High Commission
Mumbai
India

RE: Family Visitor Visa application for – Mrs. XYZ, Indian Passport No: 123

Dear Sir /Madam,

We A B C (British passport no. 456) and D E F (British passport no. 789) are pleased to provide this letter of invitation for my mother/mother-in-law Mrs. X Y Z. She intend to visit us for holidays for 8 weeks from first week of April 2015 until first week of June 2015.

I, ABC am an employee at (companies name) based at (Address) and I, DEF am an employee at (comapnies name) based at (Address). We enclose herewith our Salary slips and bank statements in which our salary is deposited.

We own a 3 bedroom bungalow at (Home address) which is of sufficient size to accommodate my mother/mother-in-law during her stay in the UK. Enclosed is a copy of our Title deed for the house and copy of our Council tax bill and utility bill.

We through this letter, undertake to provide our mother/mother-in-law maintenance, accommodation and care and shall ensure that during her stay in the UK, she does not have recourse to any public funds or free NHS treatment. We also undertake to ensure her return to India after the period of her holidays in the UK.

We would be grateful if you could kindly issue her with a visitor visa. Should you require any further information, please contact us on phone number/ e-mail or phone number/ e-mail.

Sincerely,

ABC & DEF

Also is it okay to send copies (instead of originals) of the following document?

ENCLOSURES:
• Copy of Passport of ABC & DEF
• Copy of 6 month Salary statements of ABC & DEF
• Copy of 6 month bank statements of ABC & DEF
• Copy of Title deeds for our house at (Home address)
• Copy of Council tax bill for our house at (Home address)

The reason to do a joint invitation/sponsor letter (me and my wife) is that we recently bought a house and I have exhausted all my savings - whereas my wife has a few thousand in her account.

I have not included letter from HR - as in my company it is a pain to get this done. I reckon salary statements that tally with bank account entries should suffice?

Additionally my mother shall be submitting her Income tax returns, bank account statements, Provident fund account and other FD's etc. to demonstrate she has enough funds to support herself too.

I would be happy to take suggestions (based not on individual views, rather based on personal experiences) that can help me, as I really want to see through that my mum gets a visa and makes it here after 7 seven years of pleading her to do so!

ban.s

Re: Invitation/Sponsor letter for mother visiting from India

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:42 pm

The letter format is fine however as a sponsor you can only confirm sponsorship in the form of either financial support to the trip or accommodation or both.
A sponsorship letter can't provide any guarantee that the visitor would be returning back on completion of their trip. Only the visitor can satisfy the visa officer on this by providing documents that show their ties to the place of residence. This is usually in the form of employment/income/property/financial documents (such as economic, social and family ties).
So it's important your mother provides such documents in addition to the docs you listed above.

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:05 am

Thanks. Yes, my mother shall also be submitting her investments, bank statements and demonstrate bond.

Are photocopies of all other documents okay, or they need to be original? The sponsor/invitation letter is ofcourse in original.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

There is no specific requirement that sponsor’s documents need to be original. Based on previous posts in this community – members were able to successfully sponsor by providing ALL photocopies / scanned copies including the sponsorship letter.
I sponsored 4 family visitors in the recent past and except the sponsorship letter all other documents were copies (scanned copies sent by email and printouts taken by the applicants).

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 am

Thank you for your reply. All help and guidance on this forum is most appreciated.

calebed
Newly Registered

Post by calebed » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello, how did you application go? I am only asking because my wife and I are in the same sort of situation to yours when you posted. I would appreciate any advise. Thanks

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:02 am

calebed wrote:Hello, how did you application go? I am only asking because my wife and I are in the same sort of situation to yours when you posted. I would appreciate any advise. Thanks
Hi

It went well - we both provided our income and salary statements and she got the visa. However she had provided substantial evidence of investments and bond to India (fact that my dad and sister were not joining her to visit the UK), so that must have counted in her favour too

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi,

Did you just submit the invitation letter or any other sponsor letter? Was all in joint as my wife and I are planning to send a joint invitation letter.

Thanks
JD

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:14 pm

bhattj wrote:Hi,

Did you just submit the invitation letter or any other sponsor letter? Was all in joint as my wife and I are planning to send a joint invitation letter.

Thanks
JD
I combined the sponsor letter/invitation letter and yes it was a joint letter by me and my wife signatured by both of us

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:47 pm

autocrazy wrote:
bhattj wrote:Hi,

Thanks
JD
I combined the sponsor letter/invitation letter and yes it was a joint letter by me and my wife signatured by both of us
Thanks!

shazy am
Newly Registered

Post by shazy am » Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am

Hello,
I am also planing to invite my mother UK under general visitors visa.
I will be her sponsor who lives in uk, please tell me that should i have send all orignal documents from my side or photocopies will be enough ?

autocrazy

Post by autocrazy » Fri May 04, 2018 8:42 am

shazy am wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am
Hello,
I am also planing to invite my mother UK under general visitors visa.
I will be her sponsor who lives in uk, please tell me that should i have send all orignal documents from my side or photocopies will be enough ?
Hi - I have had my parents/ in laws over several times after my first post. More recently we have only sent scans of original documents via e-mail which they have printed in India and attached with the application. That seems to work alright