ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian citizenship question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barm22
Newly Registered

Romanian citizenship question

Post by barm22 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:07 am

I have both grandparents that born and raised in romania but left romania in the in about 1958-1959 . I want to get a romanian citizenship and I understood I can get it from my grandparents if they are still romanian citizens (romania goverment used to take citizenship from romanians that left romania in the communist years) .
The miliondollar question: Is there any chance I can find out if they still romanian citizens ? without asking them, we are not close.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Romanian citizenship question

Post by Dawie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:09 pm

barm22 wrote:I have both grandparents that born and raised in romania but left romania in the in about 1958-1959 . I want to get a romanian citizenship and I understood I can get it from my grandparents if they are still romanian citizens (romania goverment used to take citizenship from romanians that left romania in the communist years) .
The miliondollar question: Is there any chance I can find out if they still romanian citizens ? without asking them, we are not close.
Presuming your grandparents are still Romanian citizens, you will have to speak to them at some stage if you want to aquire Romanian citizenship as you will likely need to obtain documentation from them such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, etc.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

barm22
Newly Registered

Re: Romanian citizenship question

Post by barm22 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:26 pm

Dawie wrote:
barm22 wrote:I have both grandparents that born and raised in romania but left romania in the in about 1958-1959 . I want to get a romanian citizenship and I understood I can get it from my grandparents if they are still romanian citizens (romania goverment used to take citizenship from romanians that left romania in the communist years) .
Presuming your grandparents are still Romanian citizens, you will have to speak to them at some stage if you want to aquire Romanian citizenship as you will likely need to obtain documentation from them such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, etc.
Or I can get a lawyer to find the documents...