ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query on FLR FP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ayeshaabbas
BANNED

Urgent Query on FLR FP

Post by Ayeshaabbas » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:17 pm

hello guys

please help me out with this query

my husband applied for his ilr based on 10 years in october last year and he got his approval in the first week of feb. i applied for my flr fp in november last year and requested the home office to hold on until they decide my husbands case. my query is that how long will it take for them to decide my application? will my time starts from the day i applied or from the day my husband got his result? please advise

we applied for my flr fp because we couldn't satisfy income of 18600 so we applied under private life category

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Urgent Query on FLR FP

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Do you have children?

If you don't it is likely you will not succeed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ayeshaabbas
BANNED

Post by Ayeshaabbas » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

no children but we managed to put down many other reasons why we cannot live separately.

please advise how much time it usually takes and when will my time starts

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Ayeshaabbas wrote:no children but we managed to put down many other reasons why we cannot live separately.

please advise how much time it usually takes and when will my time starts
I believe when u apply flr fp u had valid leave? if that is correct than plan for future if in case they refuse u. As senior member said without children bit difficult to get visa even from court but not impossible.

Tell your husband to start working full time now for some employer and manage to earn 9300 or above in 6 months time than apply your flr m.

I think your application will take 1 month or 2 months than u will get appeal right u can spend some time on that as well.

If your husband is already working and full fill financial requirement than VARY your flr fp to flr m now.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Ayeshaabbas
BANNED

Post by Ayeshaabbas » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:15 pm

thanks for your reply. much appreciated

yes i did have valid leave when i made this application. i was on student dependent visa (my husband was student).

are there any cases where flr fp was granted without children?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Ayeshaabbas wrote:thanks for your reply. much appreciated

yes i did have valid leave when i made this application. i was on student dependent visa (my husband was student).

plan for future if in case they refuse u
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Ayeshaabbas wrote:thanks for your reply. much appreciated

Search a member TIER4 his wife flr fp visa refused even he got kids. But he has bright chances to succeed in court.

Every case is different and depends on case worker as well. One of my friend's wife got 2.5 years visa this month. He applied her flr fp but kids involved.

taribo

Post by taribo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 am

Obie wrote:Do you have children?

Sorry to hijack the thread..I was previously granted 2.5 years on the 5 years flr m route
My visa runs out next October and I do no longer meet the financial requirement(my wife is
Now out of work and I make £15000 a year).we've got 3 kids,all Brits.
i wonder what's going to happen now.
Will they reset my journey to settlement?
What are our chances of success on flr fp?

Ayeshaabbas
BANNED

Post by Ayeshaabbas » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:30 am

thanks for your comment

please tell me if there is any other option avialble in case if flr fp is rejected. my husband is looking for jobs but i think the reply for my application can now come anytime in the next 1 month since i have applied in November.

how much time do they give to appeal and how time do they take to make a decision after appeal? please advise

also if there is anything i can do if the appeal is unsuccessful

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 pm

taribo wrote:
Obie wrote:Do you have children?

Sorry to hijack the thread..I was previously granted 2.5 years on the 5 years flr m route
My visa runs out next October and I do no longer meet the financial requirement(my wife is
Now out of work and I make £15000 a year).we've got 3 kids,all Brits.
i wonder what's going to happen now.

Will they reset my journey to settlement?

Yes 10 years if u apply flr fp . But u can apply ILR 0n 10 years long residence basis after 7.5 years on flr fp. if 10 years long residence option available at that time.

What are our chances of success on flr fp?
Very High

taribo

Post by taribo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:17 am

Thanx for your help.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi everyone. I got refused December 2014 n i appeal to the tribunal and lost that in August. I now have a new Solicitor n he wants me to go for flr fp but my husband lost his job and i am a new mom n a overstayer. My Solicitor says my husband need to go out to work to prove i am the main caretaker for our daughter but he has been looking i have done applications for him but no success. What do you all suggest.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:36 pm

What is your husbands nationality?

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:46 pm

He is british

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Then unfortunately I don't share the views of the Solicitor.

You should be able to succeed even if he is not working .

I am quite puzzled and troubled that you were refused previously.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:02 am

I was on a spouse visa then we had an argument n my husband hit me and i had him arrested and the police put me in a hostel and i went on a concession 3 month visa, but after doing all that my husband and i reconciled n we got a Solicitor n he told me to go back on my spouse visa n give that concession 1 up. My concession visa would have expired in April and we applied in March but on my regusal letter they said my application was late.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 am

I thought if i wanted to drop charges against my husband i could but thy have been playing hardball with me ever since, the tribunal Judge agreed with them n told me to leave with my child or if its my husband's child i should her n go.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:13 am

When was spouse visa issued? When was the recent refusal.

Whatever the case, I believe the Solicitor is not correct on the requirements in regards to FLR (FP).

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:21 am

My spouse visa was issued on july 26 2012 would hv exp oct 26 2014 but i applied for a ddv visa then my old solicitor tried to get thrm to put me back on my spouse visa after i wrote to the Home Office n told them i lied on my husband n i did not want the ddv visa. My recent refusal was the 20 August 2015

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:28 am

He said because my other solicitor did not know what he was doing we cant even appeal against against the judge and when i saw all the judge said he is right my solicitor did not even let them know my husbsnd n i were bk together. Now this new 1 want us to prove we were together n now we even hv a child n i stay home n tske care of her while he works.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:35 am

I am thinking you might have qualified for settlement under the old rules provided you did not get refused under Appendix FM, which may have been the case.

Again I think you are able to apply now. I don't agrees with your other solicitor that you will only qualify once your husband starts working.

All the best.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:43 am

Now we dont meet the money treshold my bank balance is now zero and my husband is not working, but i am open to suggestion what do u think i should apply for we wanted to put some form of application in by Wednesday

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 am

Well I don't think you need to meet the financial threshold to qualify under FLR(FP) and I believe the Solicitor is wrong.

Not sure I can add more to that analysis.

FLR(FP) is the right application based on your circumstance, and based on the facts your stated, has a realistic prospect of success.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks Obie i will get some more advice instead of listening only to my solicitor.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi, I spoke to another Solicitor and he was saying i should apply for discretionary leave for 2.5 yrs then extend it later. What do you think.