ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Clarifications for applying dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amaravathy
Newly Registered

Need Clarifications for applying dependent ILR

Post by Amaravathy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:17 am

Could you pls help me by sharing your suggestion,i am on Tier 1 dependent visa, am planning to apply for dependent ILR during the month of Jan 2016

Visa Details: Date of issue : 09-04-2013 & Valid until Feb 16-02-2016

Type of Permit : PBS Dependent

I came to UK on 24th Nov 2011

I went for vacation to my home country India twice and the dates are ( from 28-6-2013 to 10-9-2013) & ( from 27-6-2014 to 05-09-2014)

Again i am planning to visit India for 2 months stay this year ( from 25-06-2015 till end of Aug ) due to personal reasons

I want to know what are the conditions apply for dependent ILR, am i eligible to apply or is there any certain limit no.of days to stay away from UK for my case.

If there is any condition about total no.of days i can cut short my vaccation period.

Await your advise

Thanks & regards,
Amaravathy

cfdman

Re: Need Clarifications for applying dependent ILR

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 am

What is the status of the main applicant? Has he already got his ILR, or will soon be getting it?
You can only apply for ILR only if the main applincat has got one (or applying for ILR together).

When you came to UK on 2011, what visa did you have?
If this was not an Tier 1 dependent visa, and if your first Tier 1 dependent visa was issued on 09-04-2013, then you will only be eligible for ILR on April 2018 (provided the main applicant is settled here or applyin with you).

Regarding your past (and future planned) absences, it is not an issue. You will be fine.

Amaravathy
Newly Registered

Post by Amaravathy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:19 pm

cfdman wrote:What is the status of the main applicant? Has he already got his ILR, or will soon be getting it?
You can only apply for ILR only if the main applincat has got one (or applying for ILR together).

When you came to UK on 2011, what visa did you have?
If this was not an Tier 1 dependent visa, and if your first Tier 1 dependent visa was issued on 09-04-2013, then you will only be eligible for ILR on April 2018 (provided the main applicant is settled here or applyin with you).

Regarding your past (and future planned) absences, it is not an issue. You will be fine.
Thanks for the response, i am giving further information to get it clear, pls have a look

1.The main applicant is my husband and he is in Tier 1 General, he will be applying ILR during the month of Feb 2016

2.I want to apply ILR along with him, is there any restriction for me to apply along with him

3.My husband came to uk in Feb,2011 and i came in Nov,2011 under dependent on him(Tier1 General partner)

4.On 2014,Feb we went for the renewal and in my visa card the type of my visa mentioned as "PBS dependent leave to remain"

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:32 pm

You should be fine to apply with your husband in 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.