ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity requirement for Tier 1 depedant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spzenthil

Validity requirement for Tier 1 depedant

Post by spzenthil » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find whether is there any minimum validity of the Tier 1 main applicant visa to be there before applying for a tier 1 dependent visa from outside UK?

Say if the main applicant visa is expiring in another 3 months can the dependent apply from India for Tier 1 dependent visa. is there a minimum period of validity to be available before we apply for Tier 1 dependent visa?

I tried searching in google and here as well. Appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks,
-Senthil

vinny

Re: Validity requirement for Tier 1 depedant

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:03 pm

I don't think that there is any minimum validity period. However, if it's too short,then the application may not be decided until after the Tier 1 holder's leave expires! Then it may fail automatically, unless the Tier 1 holder successfully extends. But if the Tier 1 holder gets ILR, then the dependant's application may also fail.

Note that dependants may not switch to FLR(M), if E-LTRP.2.1(b ) fails.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

spzenthil

Re: Validity requirement for Tier 1 depedant

Post by spzenthil » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks Vinny. I was hoping there would be such rule. Looks like not.

Cheers,
-Senthil