ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of knowledge of Language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabi
Newly Registered

Evidence of knowledge of Language

Post by kabi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Guys,

I wish to make an application for a naturalisation on the basis of a 5 years residency in UK + 1 year PR.

I am UK resident since 2006 and have passed in 2007 the CFA UK Level 3 Certificate in Investment Management awarded by the CFA Society of UK and listed on on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualification.

Is the above qualification accepted as evidence that I have met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification?

Thanks for your help.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence of knowledge of Language

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:31 am

kabi wrote:Hi Guys,

I wish to make an application for a naturalisation on the basis of a 5 years residency in UK + 1 year PR.

I am UK resident since 2006 and have passed in 2007 the CFA UK Level 3 Certificate in Investment Management awarded by the CFA Society of UK and listed on on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualification.

Is the above qualification accepted as evidence that I have met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification?

Thanks for your help.
Seems like only degrees are accepted as proof of language.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Sorry , bit related to OP question , These days , is PBS certificate not accepted as Proof ? I could not see that info in the Guide .. Please advice.
Also getting the PBS certificate , I beleive ,am selecting the right option my immigration history is as below
Workpermit -> Tier 1 General -> ILR
Select the Tier for which you are applying. Tier 1 (High-value migrants)
Select the category of Tier 1 for which you are applying. Tier 1 (General)
Where are you applying from? Inside the United Kingdom with permission to enter or stay (see Help below)
What type of application are you making? Extending your stay in the United Kingdom
Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application. 10/03/2010
Are you in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)?
If you think you may be covered by the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document see 'Help on this question' before answering this question.
No

I am getting 35 poitns for my Master degree and also 10 points awarded . Am I doing it correctly ? . Please advice.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Sorry just found in the guide about this
"Your original degree certificate and A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your
degree and the level of English"

If some one could let me know if my selections in the PBS are correct it would be great please ?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Sorry just found in the guide about this
"Your original degree certificate and A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your

If some one could let me know if my selections in the PBS are correct it would be great please ?
That seems al right. As long you get more than 20 points for your Degree, you should be fine.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:27 pm

akhurshid wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:Sorry just found in the guide about this

That seems al right. As long you get more than 20 points for your Degree, you should be fine.
Thank you