ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz im desperate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leit
Newly Registered

plz im desperate

Post by leit » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 pm

i want to know if claiming working tax credit will affect my spouse application i m a cleaner on full time basis 37 hrs per week on £5.75per hours bcause i ve got children that why i m claiming working tax credit plz help me similar situations anybody plz i beg u and is only 3 month i have beeen working i was a undergraduate student with student loans bfore but i have to put that on hold bkose i want my hunsband back my concerns is working tax credit plus only 3 month since i started work on my previous bank statement you can see that i was receiving child tax credit plz give good advice so my hunsband can get his visas so will can live family life

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:05 am

no worry you can claim as much as tax credit you like and also child benefit

no problems at all just make sure youre the claimant for child benefit and not your husband

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: plz im desperate

Post by sakura » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:30 am

leit wrote:i want to know if claiming working tax credit will affect my spouse application i m a cleaner on full time basis 37 hrs per week on £5.75per hours bcause i ve got children that why i m claiming working tax credit plz help me similar situations anybody plz i beg u and is only 3 month i have beeen working i was a undergraduate student with student loans bfore but i have to put that on hold bkose i want my hunsband back my concerns is working tax credit plus only 3 month since i started work on my previous bank statement you can see that i was receiving child tax credit plz give good advice so my hunsband can get his visas so will can live family life
What is your nationality?
Did you previously apply for a visa (what visa) for your husband? If so, what was the outcome?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:51 am

Double post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 984#114984

Keep it on one section, please.

leit
Newly Registered

Post by leit » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:42 am

i never apply for my hunsband visas before this gona be be the first time he just return about a 1 month ago after linving here for 6 years i enterred a full time l employement since nearly 3 month because i want to become is sponsors but i m on low income still that why i claiming working tax credit his from drc congo

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 am

Leit
Just so that we are clear on this matter, are you a British National?
If not please tell what your status is, as it may be you have no recourse to public funds and your claiming of working tax credits and child tax credits could cause of problems for you now and in the future.
Saying all that, if you British you have no problems.

leit
Newly Registered

Post by leit » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 am

i m briitish national my concern is that i want to be my husband sponsors refer to the ukvisas website you must be able to maintain youself or any dependant with out of claiming public fund (working tax credit) but because my wage is lower that why i m on working tax credit my fear is that my hunsband application will be reject because of that

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 am

Siggi wrote:Leit
Just so that we are clear on this matter, are you a British National?
If not please tell what your status is, as it may be you have no recourse to public funds and your claiming of working tax credits and child tax credits could cause of problems for you now and in the future.
Saying all that, if you British you have no problems.
She is a British National: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#114950

I am only concerned about the low income. Leit; any possibility of you getting a better paid job? I know you wrote you have savings - where from (you might need to provide evidence of where the money is from)? Have you calculated your income and expenditure? Do you have any loans/overdrafts, etc?

sally12345

working Tax Criedt

Post by sally12345 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 am

Hi there,

I am puzzled also abut this public funds thing! What I would sugesst is getting in contact with a lawyer and ask them.

If this cant be done then I woud say try and get a second job and then that way yu wont have to claim.

I think not realy sure but this is what I have done as it could affect your case and its best to be safe

xx

leit
Newly Registered

Post by leit » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 am

no loans and overdraft before i m was a student i always managed to save some money i tight my belt i want to know i much you have to earn before applying for your hunsband plz reply to me

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 am

leit wrote:no loans and overdraft before i m was a student i always managed to save some money i tight my belt i want to know i much you have to earn before applying for your hunsband plz reply to me
I'd enclose a budget with ur app showing how u manage now, and a projected one showing how u'll manage with ur husband, showing income and expenditure.

Don't forget to show visa costs in ur budget!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:10 pm

You need to show that you are earning more than you would get as a couple on benefits, including housing benefit and council tax.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

leit
Newly Registered

Post by leit » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 pm

thank you amanda for your advice i will try to get a second job

katiepig
Newly Registered

tax credit

Post by katiepig » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:30 pm

I recently have had the same problem and asked my solicitor as my husband, although he had no recourse to the funds was named on my claim purely as he was at my address and i wanted to do everything right.
As a British national i am allowed to claim tax credit,child benifit, however if my tax credit went up due to my husbands return ( as in he would claim) then this would cause a problem. My tax credit would indeed go down on his return as he would be able to get a job, which his last visa conditions would prevent him doing.
Im a teacher, full time on a good wage, i still get tax credit and child care fees paid, and i got tax credit even when my husband was here.
You can earn up to 50 grand and still be eligible.
I searched and found other posts regarding this on the forum that put my mind at rest.
Good luck

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi everyone --

Given this topic didn't do so well in another post, let's see if we can do something with it.

From that other topic:
leit wrote:hello i m back again i just to ask now i incruise my hours fromwork i stopped being on housing benefit but im still on working tax credit and is just 3 months since i started working i got 3 months bank statement showing my wages on and paye slips from 3 mths usual a letter from my employer and job offer for my husband should i submit my hunsband application yes or no plz advice me
The way I parse this, with all the information in this thread, is:

• liet is a UK national

• working a pretty unappreciated job

• who is married to a non-Brit

• and also has children

• and she would like for her husband to come to the UK

Difficulties are:

• the job pays so low that she is (was?) on assistance

• not for herself but for her children (?tax credit only?)

• and her income seems too low to sponser her spouse

What we on the board don't know (and will help)

• the spouses nationality (seems Congo?)

• where & when was the marriage / how is it documented?

• has the spouse any previous immigration problems (Britain or any country)?

• were there previous UK or EU immigration attempts by the spouse / what were the results?

• spouse lived in UK for 6 years ... was it legal? Are there records?

• has the spouse any legal/criminal difficulties?

• has the spouse any skills or money?

• has the spouse any possible job opportunities?

leit wrote:i claiming working tax credit his from drc congo
Are you claiming benefits from Congo? Or UK? I don't understand this part.

The positive side: You are a British citizen and you have an enduring marriage.

Don't give up! There will be some way to do this, even if the difficulty level is high. EU and UK law protect your rights to live together as a family. You just may have to fight for it more than some people.

the Admin