ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Schengen Family permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colinm
Newly Registered

EEA Schengen Family permit

Post by colinm » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:34 pm

Dear all

I am german national and my non-eea parents have a eea family permit for 5 years in UK. Does this facility exist for other EEA (france, spain, sweden, denmark, austria) countries ?

If not, i understand french embassy is the easiest to get the schengen visa. Does someone know whether is it possible to receive a long term schengen visitor visa ( 1 year+) from any of above countries embassies in UK ?

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

Colin

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Your non-EEA parents do not have a 5 year EEA family permit but rather a 5 year Residence Card. They have it in other EU countries as well, provided you are going to go and settle there to exercise your treaty rights and are taking them with you.

Long term Schengen visas are usually only issued after a couple of short term ones have ben issued beforehand.
Jabi

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:06 pm

The permit they have allows them to have visa free travel to any EU member state, if they travel with you or if they join you there.
However even than it is wise to take your birth certificate as proof they are your parents.

Should they have a problem entering The Netherlands (or even boarding the plane or boat in our direction) you can contact me for help.

colinm
Newly Registered

Post by colinm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks for your info. I appreciate it.

So this would technically mean I could take my parents with me to any eu country without making any schengen visa application. The only condition being they travel with me either way i.e. inbound and aoutbound.

Just for peace of mind would you have any written inforomation from the immigration boards in the countries mentioned above.

Many thanks & Kind regards

Colin