ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a way to verify the ILR BRP card is authentic?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

Is there a way to verify the ILR BRP card is authentic?

Post by imranh » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Everyone

I was asked this question by someone (for employment purposes I think) - Is there a way to verify the ILR BRP card is authentic and not an unauthentic one?

My answer was that when my wife got her BRP card, she received a standard Home Office Letter and also she applied for ILR via appointment in Liverpool so it seems for her very unlikely that her BRP card can be faked. Plus on the HO website regarding the BRP card - it has so many chips, logos and security stuff that it seems impossible that someone can fake the BRP card!!!!

what do you think? Is there a number you can ring to cross check your BRP card number with?

Many Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

t123456789

Re: Is there a way to verify the ILR BRP card is authentic?

Post by t123456789 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:54 pm