ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work whilst waiting for appeal decision.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saviana

Right to work whilst waiting for appeal decision.

Post by Saviana » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Dear all,
Thank you for all your good advice you're giving everyone.
My first post was on my permanent residency refusal due to csi.
Second post was that the appeal date was adjourned until further notice.
Two weeks after appeal adjournment, My employer received a letter from HO advising that I have no right to work.
This has come when I'm still waiting for my hearing date to be set... Which was adjourned without giving me any reasons.
Any one gone through this madness?
Please advice.
Thanks.
S

Obie
Ireland

Re: Right to work whilst waiting for appeal decision.

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:28 pm

I know Section 3(C) does not apply to EEA case, but the UKBA has been acknowledging to employers that family member who applied for Residence Card, and who has pending appeal are allowed to work until their appeal has been decided.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Saviana

Post by Saviana » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks Obie, unfortunately HO emailed my employer a letter saying my certificate of application is expired so I have no right to work...

sam1184
Newly Registered

Post by sam1184 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi,

You can send an email to ''nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk'' and ask them for a new certificate of application. This should be able to proof your right to work untill your appeal is determined.

Saviana

Post by Saviana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks Sam, I did send a request for a new one which was received two days ago!

I just wonder, whilst the application or case is pending can an employer dismiss an employee like my employer was threatening to?

kiwi555
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi555 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am

Saviana wrote:Thanks Sam, I did send a request for a new one which was received two days ago!

I just wonder, whilst the application or case is pending can an employer dismiss an employee like my employer was threatening to?
Hi - after reading your posts I just wondered what your outcome was?

I've just been given a COA with no right to work. I am the unmarried partner of an EEA, currently here on a Tier 5 visa (which allows me to work).

My visa expires end of March so if I don't get my RC by then I need COA with right to work in order to keep my job.

How did you manage to get a COA with right to work in your case?

DarkoD
Newly Registered

Post by DarkoD » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Saviana wrote:Thanks Sam, I did send a request for a new one which was received two days ago!

Saviana can you please tell me what exactly did you write in the email, because I'm not so good in that stuff.
Thanks.