ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC language question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MPI

BC language question

Post by MPI » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 am

hi. I know this question has probably been asked before but I have seen conflicting info on this forum, so if you can help please

I will be applying for BC based on Tier 1+1 year and I have proved my English language for initial tier 1 and extension based on Uk Masters degree.

There is a line in the AN form which says :
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR level qualification."

So I am hoping this line applies to me, or is it not. If not who is it applying to then.

I see almost all Tier 1's here in this forum talking about sending their degrees so a bit baffled now
Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: BC language question

Post by akhurshid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:47 pm

MPI wrote:hi. I know this question has probably been asked before but I have seen conflicting info on this forum, so if you can help please

I will be applying for BC based on Tier 1+1 year and I have proved my English language for initial tier 1 and extension based on Uk Masters degree.

There is a line in the AN form which says :
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR level qualification."

So I am hoping this line applies to me, or is it not. If not who is it applying to then.

I see almost all Tier 1's here in this forum talking about sending their degrees so a bit baffled now
Thanks
That means if you have applied for ILR after 28th of October 2013, you have already met the new KoLL requirement.

MPI

Re: BC language question

Post by MPI » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks

I found the below post with exact same query as mine, where you had responded but there is no conclusion:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 79871.html

We in fact had proved the language requirement 6 years ago when doing the initial Tier 1 general application. On extension there was just a tick box to say we proved it in the previous.

It looks we are fine but still there is this uneasy feeling about it. I think I'll include my UK degree along to be on safe side.