ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa for my Wife

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

db666
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General Visa for my Wife

Post by db666 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:50 am

Hi folks,

I came to UK and year back on Tier 2 General Visa sponsored by an A-rated sponsor. Now that I'm married (which happened back in India), I would like to bring over my wife with me. During my move, all my paperwork was done by my company so I was not very sure of the process. We hired a visa agent but somehow he screwed it up and my wife's visa got rejected the first time around. The reason given was "incorrect category; should be PBS dependent instead of visitor".

So now we are trying for the second time to apply for a visa and just wanted to make sure everything goes fine. To that end, would like to ask a few questions regarding the entire process and the documents that need to be procured for it.

First off, starting with the exact type of Visa, have I selected the correct visa type given that I would want my wife to be able to work when she comes here?

Now regarding the documents, the things which I have thought of providing are as follows:

1. Usual stuff like passport, photos etc.
2. My certificate of sponsorship
3. A letter from my organization stating that I have been working there with so-and-so salary, at so-and-so designation etc.
4. A letter from me (support letter) stating that I have enough space in my house, and funds in my bank to support my wife.
5. Screenshot of skype call log between me and my wife
6. Marriage photos
7. Photos taken as couple at parties/outside
8. Marriage Certificate
9. My bank statement soft copies
10. My salary slips
11. My rent agreement in UK

Anything I'm missing here?

Also, when it comes to filling the Visa form, I have few questions:

1. I'm worried about the maintenance section. I was thinking of selecting "Tier 2 skilled worker with A rated sponsor. Would that be the right choice here?
2. In the "main applicant section", there is a question which states "What permission do they have to stay in the UK?". What should be the answer for this?

Thanks for reading all the way to bottom and would appreciate any replies/help on this matter. TIA!

sunny007
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Visa for my Wife

Post by sunny007 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello

It seems ok to me, but you are missing one document,
UK pre-departure Tuberculosis detection medical certificate (This is now regulated and only done at list of "approved" hospitals by UKVI - list available on their website).

To answer Your Question kindly read the VAF10 Guidence Notes in the following Link, ( 7.13 )
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf

Hope this help.

also wait for gurus for their advice, and also search this forum you will get the answer.

If you have any other query dont hesitate to ask.

Umendra28
Newly Registered

Post by Umendra28 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi,
This is what policy guidance says about the letter form sponsor ----

Tier 2: when the A-rated sponsor certifies maintenance An A-rated sponsor can certify the maintenance of the family member(s) on either:
1. the Tier 2 migrant’s certificate of sponsorship (CoS), or
2. a letter. The letter can have been posted or faxed to the family member but must be on official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation, be signed by a senior official and show:
• your name,
• the family member’s name
• the sponsor’s name and logo
• confirmation that the sponsor has certified the maintenance, and
• Details of limits to the undertaking (if appropriate).

If the sponsor certifies maintenance on the CoS, the family member does not need to provide any other evidence for maintenance. Family members of people with indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship cannot have maintenance certified for them and must always show cash funds

I would suggest to put as many detail as you can in the company letter such your position, salary, time your have been with the company, your BRP, passport number and put details of your wife as well.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm

1. Since u are attaching the bank statements, select the option which says about bank statements showing maintenance amount.
2. You can state - Tier 2 General visa valid until <put the end date here>

db666
United Kingdom

Post by db666 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies sunny007 , Umendra28 and moonlight55.
I would suggest to put as many detail as you can in the company letter such your position, salary, time your have been with the company, your BRP, passport number and put details of your wife as well.
What does BRP mean here?

Since this is a point based system, can someone please let me know what is the minimum points required and where can I find a list of all the documents which contribute to points? Or is it that dependents don't need points?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

db666
United Kingdom

Post by db666 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks for the clarification Vinny. Good to know that dependent's don't need points.

Regarding BRP, I do remember my photo being taken and fingers scanned at the visa center, but I don't have any document/letter for it to give it to my wife. I thought biometric scanning was something which was automatically taken care of. Is that biometric ID mentioned in my visa application?

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 am

You only get a BRP if you apply for a visa or extend your existing visa from within UK. If you have obtained your entry clearance from India, you would not have a BRP. In that case, just provide a copy of your passport and visa to your wife. She'll have to provide her own biometrics during the application process.

db666
United Kingdom

Post by db666 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks a lot imumtaz and others, much appreciated.