ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Age - Indian Driving Licence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

Evidence of Age - Indian Driving Licence

Post by nnj10 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:00 am

Hi All,

I want to submit, my Indian driving licence as a proof of age.
This is just a smart card (credit card size), and it does mention, my Date of Birth. I would be claiming 20 points under 27 age category.

I have doubt regarding the acceptance of Indian driving licence, as a proof of age? Can somebody shre their idea on this?

Thanks,
NNJ10

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:46 am

No reasons, why it can't be...they did'nt wrote indian driving licenses are not valid...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 am

Hi Paramjit,

The HSMP guide notes says, one need to submit the Original Full Driving Licence. This could be some difficult to get document per UK standard in the UK. But in india, it is quite easy to get the driving licence.

So until somebody from India, applies to HSMP with Indian driving licence, and gets the full points for that, it can not be ascertained just like that one would get the points by providing Indian driving licence.

I am asking this question; as I do not want to loose any point in this section.

Can somebody guide me?
Can anyone who has the UK driving licence, share some idea on that?

Thanks all,
NNJ10

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:26 am

Original Full driving license does not mean Indian valid licenses are not valid...

If u r feeling so insecure...then I think u should go for applying International license in India..it is valid outside india...but the process is tiring...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

JavaGuy

Re: hi

Post by JavaGuy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 am

paramjit2k wrote:Original Full driving license does not mean Indian valid licenses are not valid...

If u r feeling so insecure...then I think u should go for applying International license in India..it is valid outside india...but the process is tiring...
Well, you cant get an International Driving License unless you have a valid visa to travel to a foreign country.

Btw, a birth certificate is the 100% shot at getting points for age. Just go to a Notary who is located near a sub registrar office and pay him some money to get a birth certificate. Nothing illegal about this, It's just that the Notary will pull some strings with the sub registrar to hasten the process. You should be able to get it within one week.
Last edited by JavaGuy on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 am

there is nothing like this...One can always apply for international license without Visa...Rules might be different for state to state
Regards,

Pam Aujla

JavaGuy

Post by JavaGuy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 am

paramjit2k wrote:there is nothing like this...One can always apply for international license without Visa...Rules might be different for state to state
Well, the rules have changed recently. Initially you could just get an IDP by paying some money to a driving school and they procure it from the RTO. Now, you need to present yourself to the RTO with your passport and a visa stamp.

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:24 pm

paramjit2k wrote:Original Full driving license does not mean Indian valid licenses are not valid...

Hi Paramjit,
Is international driving license acceptable. Are there any cases which has succeeded with international driving license. Please advise.

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK for the past 3.5 yrs. Last month when I received my HSMP I had applied with my full Indian driving licence. It was a photo-card licence, torn out, my cool face was black.
However, this worked for me as they accepted my 2-wheeler Indian driving licence even though its condition was bad.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:26 am

Hi All,

According to my exp:

Any valid Indian full driving license is valid irrespective of the state.

NO NEED OF INTERNATIONAL LICENSE. IT CANNOT BE PROCURED WITHOUT VISA.
Regards,

Pam Aujla

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 pm

paramjit2k wrote:Hi All,

According to my exp:

Any valid Indian full driving license is valid irrespective of the state.

NO NEED OF INTERNATIONAL LICENSE. IT CANNOT BE PROCURED WITHOUT VISA.
Hi Pam Aujla,
Is international driving license acceptable, since my original driving license does not have full name spelled, it is abbreviated. The international driving license which I have has my full name.

Thanks.

paramjit2k

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:00 am

rasinrdj wrote:
Hi Pam Aujla,
Is international driving license acceptable, since my original driving license does not have full name spelled, it is abbreviated. The international driving license which I have has my full name.

Thanks.
why not...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:06 pm

What is meant by "Full driving License" ?

I have just a photo ID card type of DL issued in Bangalore with hologram and all the other details (name, DOB, Address) etc. perfect.

Will this alone do as age proof ?

I am planning to get the birth certificate also. But, I was born in a village in Udupi District. Now, to get the birth certificate I dont know if I have to contact my village panchayat, Taluk Office, or District office or I can get this done in Bangalore itself.

Kindly advice.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 pm

cottongear wrote:What is meant by "Full driving License" ?

I have just a photo ID card type of DL issued in Bangalore with hologram and all the other details (name, DOB, Address) etc. perfect.

Will this alone do as age proof ?

I am planning to get the birth certificate also. But, I was born in a village in Udupi District. Now, to get the birth certificate I dont know if I have to contact my village panchayat, Taluk Office, or District office or I can get this done in Bangalore itself.

Kindly advice.
License s ok

for birth cert, i guess contact ur concerned MC
Regards,

Pam Aujla