ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DR10 Drink Driving and recent BC application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

DR10 Drink Driving and recent BC application?

Post by skilachi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi,

Has anyone who has got a DR10 Drink driving conviction applied for BC recently (after 3 yrs has elapsed) as per the good character aspect please can you share your experience if you have applied and been successful or not with reasons?

Got a conviction in Aug 2012 for DR10 (driving ban and court fine). I've paid the court fine and driving ban is over Sept 2013.

As per the new guidelines, 3 yrs has to elapse before you can apply for BC as this falls into the non-custodial offence.

1. Will I be eligible to apply for BC come Aug 2015?
2. I did a basic CRB check on myself last year April 2014 and it still shows my conviction/court fines/driving ban on it but I thought the new amended offenders act 1974, which came into effect last year march 2014 states court fines will be spent after 12months so this should not be showing on my CRB, is this correct or have to wait 5yrs before this is removed?
3. I intend doing another CRB check in Aug before I apply for BC and worried this will still show as unspent on the certificate

I don't have any convictions or FPN and this is my only conviction which I will be declaring on my application.

Has anyone done a CRB check on themselves with the conviction details still showing but has got 3yrs lapsed to the date of last conviction?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: DR10 Drink Driving and recent BC application?

Post by akhurshid » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

skilachi wrote:Hi,

Has anyone who has got a DR10 Drink driving conviction applied for BC recently (after 3 yrs has elapsed) as per the good character aspect please can you share your experience if you have applied and been successful or not with reasons?

Got a conviction in Aug 2012 for DR10 (driving ban and court fine). I've paid the court fine and driving ban is over Sept 2013.

As per the new guidelines, 3 yrs has to elapse before you can apply for BC as this falls into the non-custodial offence.

1. Will I be eligible to apply for BC come Aug 2015?
2. I did a basic CRB check on myself last year April 2014 and it still shows my conviction/court fines/driving ban on it but I thought the new amended offenders act 1974, which came into effect last year march 2014 states court fines will be spent after 12months so this should not be showing on my CRB, is this correct or have to wait 5yrs before this is removed?
3. I intend doing another CRB check in Aug before I apply for BC and worried this will still show as unspent on the certificate

I don't have any convictions or FPN and this is my only conviction which I will be declaring on my application.

Has anyone done a CRB check on themselves with the conviction details still showing but has got 3yrs lapsed to the date of last conviction?
I haven't experienced any of that but drink driving is considered serious but CW will take into consideration that how likely you are going to re offend. If this is your only offence then I don't think it should cause an issue once it has been spent.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Yes its the only offence.

So when does it became unspent and will I be able to apply in Aug 2015 as per the new rules and the offenders act is exempted for immigration purposes.

My question now is

1. Can I apply when the 3 yrs as elapsed (new rules)
2. Wait after 5yrs (old rules)?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 am

skilachi wrote:Yes its the only offence.

So when does it became unspent and will I be able to apply in Aug 2015 as per the new rules and the offenders act is exempted for immigration purposes.

My question now is

1. Can I apply when the 3 yrs as elapsed (new rules)
2. Wait after 5yrs (old rules)?
Your application will be considered under the new rules.