ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking fines and Bus Lane fines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spacer

Parking fines and Bus Lane fines

Post by spacer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Guys

I will be applying for naturalization in Mid February. I have few questions related to Good Character.

1- I have no FPN and no penalty points on my license but I did received charges due to parking and no right turn by councils. There was no police involvement and no points on my license. I have a clean license for last 8 to 9 years. As far as I remember I had 3 parking fines notices from 2 different councils that I paid within time. while 1 of them for driving on bus lane and 1 for turning right which was not allowed and paid fine in time. Do I need to declare all these? Do I need to provide all the details as I don't have letters for all to get date and locations of charges.

2- I had FPN for driving with no license and no insurance in 2004/2005. These are given to me by court and I was fined 100£ which was paid same day and 6 points on my learner license. These points were cleared and removed from the license in 2009. This means I will tick no criminal convictions and will fill out the info in the additional info section. All the info will be general as I don't remember the date and exact year of offence. Will this affect my naturalization application.

Will appreciate your response.

Regards

spacer

Re: Parking fines and Bus Lane fines

Post by spacer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Seniors, could you please reply..............

spacer

Post by spacer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 am

Hi Seniors

Can someone please reply as I am bit worried?

Thanks.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:55 am

Have you applied with your points in license?

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi,

in10, and LC 20, and all driving related Offences if its over 3 years, you can apply,

but if you have more then one convection case worker have to think about it, but

finger cross,

I applied on 17-02-2015, with same issue, hope for good,

nothing to worry, this is not end of life, step a head and apply.

Kind Regards

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 pm

spacer wrote:Hi Guys

I will be applying for naturalization in Mid February. I have few questions related to Good Character.

1- I have no FPN and no penalty points on my license but I did received charges due to parking and no right turn by councils. There was no police involvement and no points on my license. I have a clean license for last 8 to 9 years. As far as I remember I had 3 parking fines notices from 2 different councils that I paid within time. while 1 of them for driving on bus lane and 1 for turning right which was not allowed and paid fine in time. Do I need to declare all these? Do I need to provide all the details as I don't have letters for all to get date and locations of charges.

2- I had FPN for driving with no license and no insurance in 2004/2005. These are given to me by court and I was fined 100£ which was paid same day and 6 points on my learner license. These points were cleared and removed from the license in 2009. This means I will tick no criminal convictions and will fill out the info in the additional info section. All the info will be general as I don't remember the date and exact year of offence. Will this affect my naturalization application.

Will appreciate your response.

Regards
1. You should be ok if only have 1 PCN in last 12 months. No need to declare it.
2. Shouldn't cause issue but you need to declare it.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread, thuoght my situation would add more information for people who visit this thread.
Have ILR for more than 2 years, and now decided to apply for BC , would be great if some one can clarify about below dobts ...

Situation - I do not have any points in my license , no court or Police involved.
Last 1 year 10 months ( total driving done in UK)
- Had 2 Parking charges (silly mistake from my side
- First paid the parking charge and parked on a "Permit holders only" area ,
- Second on a Sunday ,Did not know its Event day,parked outside my friends place,so again silly mistake)

- Had 1 stopping over Box in the junction , though I was not hindering any one and slow moving traffic on small up hill , could not see the vehicles well ahead had to stop for a Sec , Got flashed and received fine.

Paid all three fines on time and within last 1 year , From above I had 1 Parking fine and 1 stopping over Box in the junction , My question
- Is this OK or should I wait for time frame in which 12 months will have only 1 offence ?
- Should I declare these 2 in my application ,if I am applying now OR I wait and apply in the time frame with 1 offence ?
Regards

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:59 pm

you dont need to wait, all these are PCNs
and you can have as many as long as you pay on time.

no need to declare too, i had 2 PCNs when i applied, no drama.
even the gal at the NCS told me that PCNs are harmless as long as you pay on time.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Q4 - What about a Fixed Penalty Notice [FPN], a Procurator Fiscal Fine and an ASBO?

Q5 - FPN

A FPN (often given for minor motoring offences such as speeding) is not a conviction and will not be grounds for refusal unless the applicant has received numerous FPNs in the last 12 months. Therefore, you should wait until you have no more one FPN in the last 12 months before applying.

If you go to court for a FPN because you do not pay the fine or you challenge the FPN and the FPN is upheld (found guilty) this will then be classed as a conviction and may lead to (at a minimum) a refusal for 3 years.

Note: penalty charge notices and notices for disorder (PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. Confirmation on how PCNs affect Good Character is being sought and this will be updated in due course.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html

mkshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mkshaikh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

I am having same issue exactly as spacer. I applied on 16th Feb so finger crossed for the outcome. I gave some info for the FPN that I had already spent. Hopefully all will be good.... :) :o :o :o :o

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 am

mkshaikh wrote:I am having same issue exactly as spacer. I applied on 16th Feb so finger crossed for the outcome. I gave some info for the FPN that I had already spent. Hopefully all will be good.... :) :o :o :o :o
Just a quick one mate - Did you list the FPN on the form?
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

mkshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mkshaikh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 am

rakeysh.patel wrote:
mkshaikh wrote:I am having same issue exactly as spacer. I applied on 16th Feb so finger crossed for the outcome. I gave some info for the FPN that I had already spent. Hopefully all will be good.... :) :o :o :o :o
Hi Rakeysh

Ye I did include the information in other info section. but tick no in the criminal offence section. It is important to declare the info as HO may think as you are trying to deceive them.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:38 am

mkshaikh wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:
Hi Rakeysh

Ye I did include the information in other info section. but tick no in the criminal offence section. It is important to declare the info as HO may think as you are trying to deceive them.

I am same boat, let us know your out come same day i applied as well, i got my acknowledge through Email

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 am

cheers folks! I have my NCS on next Tuesday. I will keep yall posted.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

scorpion king
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion king » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Rakeysh, any news of your application.

scorpion king
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion king » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello Everyone i have 5 Bus lane PCNS will this affect my citizenship applicaton? should i declare it?

Thanks