ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

auntsally

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by auntsally » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:39 pm

rudey786 wrote:
auntsally wrote:Hi All

My husband has issued the paper work today so had his biometrics. This website has helped alot I want to thank all the post that I read Ive read loads.

I dont know about you guys but I found it a little confusing at times and really frustrating. Anyway after the longest time preparing documents its done Good luck to you all!!

Online application 11/02/2015
Biometrics 23/11/2015
:) :) :) :) :) smiling hopefull!
In Sha Allah wish you all the best, hope you don't have too long to wait!
Ahh thanks rudey that's really kind of you to say!! InshAllah I hope it does. It's really stressful but I got there in the end. I think my husband said they will get back to him within 20 days. So that's a lot sooner then I'm prepared for lol. I didn't get to speak to him he was at Gerry's office this morning so will double check what he meant by this tonight. But has anyone else used a fast track service??

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:43 pm

leo1808 wrote: No i just got only one email from ISLAMVisanfo on friday n today i got call from them to collect the passport
Can you show us what the email said please. Just remove any personal details, like name and GWF number before pasting the email here.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

leo1808
Newly Registered

Post by leo1808 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 pm

i.need.help wrote:
leo1808 wrote: No i just got only one email from ISLAMVisanfo on friday n today i got call from them to collect the passport
Can you show us what the email said please. Just remove any personal details, like name and GWF number before pasting the email here.
Subject: Update on your UK visa application - GWF**********

Dear........
This is an email to confirm that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre for collection.

You will be contacted when your passport and documents are ready for collection.  Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before you have been advised to do so and you are also reminded to avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at: http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration 
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm

auntsally wrote:
rudey786 wrote:
auntsally wrote:Hi All

My husband has issued the paper work today so had his biometrics. This website has helped alot I want to thank all the post that I read Ive read loads.

I dont know about you guys but I found it a little confusing at times and really frustrating. Anyway after the longest time preparing documents its done Good luck to you all!!

Online application 11/02/2015
Biometrics 23/11/2015
:) :) :) :) :) smiling hopefull!
In Sha Allah wish you all the best, hope you don't have too long to wait!
Ahh thanks rudey that's really kind of you to say!! InshAllah I hope it does. It's really stressful but I got there in the end. I think my husband said they will get back to him within 20 days. So that's a lot sooner then I'm prepared for lol. I didn't get to speak to him he was at Gerry's office this morning so will double check what he meant by this tonight. But has anyone else used a fast track service??
Hmmm Gerrys said they'll get back to him in 20 days? What with an outcome on the visa application - Sorry if I've read your msg wrong! lol
Gerrys wouldn't have said that because the applications are processed in Islamabad I believe - Gerrys don't see the application nor decide anything. Also there is no fast track service for Spouse Applications from Pakistan.

With the way things are at the moment In Sha Allah you should hear within 3 months or so - but again, this is just going by how quick they are processing applications at the minute.

Hope that helps!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm

In Sha'Allah, you will receive the visa. Please also do dua for me, that my wife is granted her visa as well, In Sha'Allah ASAP.

Did you receive any emails from ISLAMVisaInfo before getting the call from VAC ?[/quote]
did you get 2 emails?[/quote]
No i just got only one email from ISLAMVisanfo on friday n today i got call from them to collect the passport[/quote]

Salaam Leo - hope its good news In Sha Allah

I noticed your timeline you applied early November and only now you've got a response whereas most of us from November got answers few weeks ago - I ask because one of my friends also applied beginning of November but hasn't received an outcome yet.
Did you chase or escalate to get an answer or did you not enquire at all and they just emailed to say processed?

Thanks!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm

@hope786… When are you planning to travel to the UK? You've been granted your visa since a couple of weeks now.

Please do dua for my wife, that she is also granted her visa in the coming days/weeks or ASAP. Thank you.
TIMELINE

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

leo1808
Newly Registered

Post by leo1808 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Salaam Leo - hope its good news In Sha Allah

I noticed your timeline you applied early November and only now you've got a response whereas most of us from November got answers few weeks ago - I ask because one of my friends also applied beginning of November but hasn't received an outcome yet.
Did you chase or escalate to get an answer or did you not enquire at all and they just emailed to say processed?

JazakALLAH :)
YES i did asked them and they escalated my case twice. I just wish that it would be a good news for me.
may Allah grant all of us with our visas Aameen

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:19 pm

About this 20 day decisions thing. Unless my other half is having some fun at my expense he said that he has opted for the quicker fast tracked process.

Yes we are aware that Gerry Mirpur are only a collection service. Unless it's a money making scam??????????

I only spoke to my husband briefly this morning but this service was being offered to everyone who had been applying for UKSV.

I'd rather the BHC take the longest time needed as long as it's a positive outcome.

20 days sounds to good to be true. On the plus side my beau might be here by the end of March on the not so plus side I might be appealing.....

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:14 pm

auntsally wrote:About this 20 day decisions thing. Unless my other half is having some fun at my expense he said that he has opted for the quicker fast tracked process.

Yes we are aware that Gerry Mirpur are only a collection service. Unless it's a money making scam??????????

I only spoke to my husband briefly this morning but this service was being offered to everyone who had been applying for UKSV.

I'd rather the BHC take the longest time needed as long as it's a positive outcome.

20 days sounds to good to be true. On the plus side my beau might be here by the end of March on the not so plus side I might be appealing…..
There is no 20 days fast track service for settlement visas. If he's having some 'fun' at your expense by misleading you, I'd be concerned if I were you.

Plus all the services offered by Gerrys are stated in their website: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/ if something isn't mentioned, it means they don't offer that service, e.g. the fast track settlement visa processing.
TIMELINE

roger354

Post by roger354 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:20 pm

When you submit your documents they send you two emails, one is for settlement visa and one for non settlement one stating it can take up to 15 days, so i think her husband misread the email.
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm

roger354 wrote:When you submit your documents they send you two emails, one is for settlement visa and one for non settlement one stating it can take up to 15 days, so i think her husband misread the email.
No my husband hasn't. No emails have been received just a text message to say that the application has been submitted to BHC. Just as confused as everyone else on this. I have read post, procedures, peoples experiences more posts and more procedures to the point were I dreaming about preparing documents! And documents for everyone who I have read about :? But never read this before. Oh well see what happens. I hope however long or short time it takes InshAllah it will be a positive outcome.

Online app 11/2/15
Biometrics 23/2/15
Submitted to BHC 23/2/15

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:30 pm

I married my cousin, I just want to double check that is legal in the UK?? I assumed it is since a lot of asians do it. :roll:

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

ab112 wrote:I married my cousin, I just want to double check that is legal in the UK?? I assumed it is since a lot of asians do it. :roll:

Hahaha lol

Erm yess its legal !!
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Double checking!

How do you apply for visa, do you pay at www.gov.uk and fill in the form there and then print the confirmation and send it to spouse to show at gerrys? And then ring geryy's to book appointment (or can book appointment via www.gov.uk?)

What do people mean when they say submitted online and then 2 weeks later submitted documents to gerry's? Can we apply online at gov.uk website now and ring gerry's in a couple of weeks to submit docs?

Also do we have to submit two forms: VAF4A form and Part 2 paper forms as well to gerry's? I heard you have to do them online not paper.

Sorry for stupid questions, I am obviously first timer!

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:39 am

ab112 wrote:Double checking!

How do you apply for visa, do you pay at http://www.gov.uk and fill in the form there and then print the confirmation and send it to spouse to show at gerrys? And then ring geryy's to book appointment (or can book appointment via http://www.gov.uk?)

What do people mean when they say submitted online and then 2 weeks later submitted documents to gerry's? Can we apply online at gov.uk website now and ring gerry's in a couple of weeks to submit docs?

Also do we have to submit two forms: VAF4A form and Part 2 paper forms as well to gerry's? I heard you have to do them online not paper.

Hi
You have to go to this website https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa or type in visa4uk you should get the results in a search engine then you have to register, then fill in the form online, pay the fee and make an appointment ( the reason why people submit their documents at gerrys later because you need enough time to send all your documents to Pakistan, but make sure everything is within 28 days of each other like last bank statement, last payslip, and online application date/ submission date although there's confusion over the last two)
Once all the online stuff is completed print the form and get the applicant to sign/date it. You also get the confirmation letter print that as well.
The other forms are vaf4, appendix 2 and suo7 which can be downloaded from the gov site, print them and fill them in by hand again applicant/sponser has to sign/date.
All these forms have to be sent along with all your other documents when you attend your appointment at Gerry's!
Hope this helps! :)

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Everyone Im Back!

(I dont want no bullying tho)

I am inshallah submitting my documents tommorow and feel happy and confident.

The only thing I was mainly unsure about was the '28 days rule' hence I joined this forum too see whehter there have been refusals because of this and the answer is YES.

Now I know I am too late now anyway but do correct me.

If I submitted my online application in the end of January and my appoinment is tommorow Could I have included any documents dated after the date of online application (I did).

E.g My bank statements are dated in February and my employment letter ?

Please can someone confirm this I would really appreciate it.

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssss

x
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 am

In Other words my question is can we submitt payslips date after the online application and before date of submission?

Anybosy who has applied and granted visa can you please confirm.

Thanks.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 am

That is perfectly fine.
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:59 am

sophia20 wrote:
ab112 wrote:Double checking!

How do you apply for visa, do you pay at http://www.gov.uk and fill in the form there and then print the confirmation and send it to spouse to show at gerrys? And then ring geryy's to book appointment (or can book appointment via http://www.gov.uk?)

Hi
You have to go to this website https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa or type in visa4uk you should get the results in a search engine then you have to register, then fill in the form online, pay the fee and make an appointment ( the reason why people submit their documents at gerrys later because you need enough time to send all your documents to Pakistan, but make sure everything is within 28 days of each other like last bank statement, last payslip, and online application date/ submission date although there's confusion over the last two)
Once all the online stuff is completed print the form and get the applicant to sign/date it. You also get the confirmation letter print that as well.
The other forms are vaf4, appendix 2 and suo7 which can be downloaded from the gov site, print them and fill them in by hand again applicant/sponser has to sign/date.
All these forms have to be sent along with all your other documents when you attend your appointment at Gerry's!
Hope this helps! :)
Thank you very much for your reply. I thought we have to fill in the VAF4A form and App2 and sign them. I've already filled and sent it to my wife. Are you saying that after paying the fee, I have to print that form as well and send it to her? Or do we just submit the printed online form and throw away the hand written printed VAF4 forms?

We missed this months deadline so I am going to send new payslip and bank statement for Feb as well, those are the only things that need to be within 28 days right? (everything else such as employment letter, estate agent letter etc are older than 28 days because we wanted to submit this month but I think 28 days requirement only applies for payslip and bank statements?)

Thanks

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:39 am

We missed this months deadline so I am going to send new payslip and bank statement for Feb as well, those are the only things that need to be within 28 days right? (everything else such as employment letter, estate agent letter etc are older than 28 days because we wanted to submit this month but I think 28 days requirement only applies for payslip and bank statements?)

Thanks[/quote]

Hi,

What do you mean by you missed this appoinment ?

Please can you expand on this

Thanks

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi Everyone

Is there any other February applicants on this forum
also is there any applying in mirpur ?

Would be nice to know so I can compare the timing of things eg, progression of application.

Thanks,

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:11 pm

gucci9 wrote:We missed this months deadline so I am going to send new payslip and bank statement for Feb as well, those are the only things that need to be within 28 days right? (everything else such as employment letter, estate agent letter etc are older than 28 days because we wanted to submit this month but I think 28 days requirement only applies for payslip and bank statements?)

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks[/quote]

I meant I sent documents to my wife but they reached her yesterday so we cant apply Feb (we were going to apply this month), because if we do my last payslip and bank statement would be older than 28 days.

I want to send her my payslip and bank statement for this month too. I just want to make sure than only bank statement and payslip need to be within 28 days of issue? Because all other papers which are with her now will be over 28 days old by the time new my payslip and bank statement reach her. As far as I know 28 days rule only applies to payslip and bank statement (not employment letter, landlord letter etc).

Also, do I have to print the online application as well when I fill it in and send it to her? (I hand filled the VAF4 form and app2 and sent it to her). If we have to print the online one as well then I will send it to her with my payslip.

Thanks

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:35 pm

ab112 wrote:
gucci9 wrote:We missed this months deadline so I am going to send new payslip and bank statement for Feb as well, those are the only things that need to be within 28 days right? (everything else such as employment letter, estate agent letter etc are older than 28 days because we wanted to submit this month but I think 28 days requirement only applies for payslip and bank statements?)

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks
I meant I sent documents to my wife but they reached her yesterday so we cant apply Feb (we were going to apply this month), because if we do my last payslip and bank statement would be older than 28 days.

I want to send her my payslip and bank statement for this month too. I just want to make sure than only bank statement and payslip need to be within 28 days of issue? Because all other papers which are with her now will be over 28 days old by the time new my payslip and bank statement reach her. As far as I know 28 days rule only applies to payslip and bank statement (not employment letter, landlord letter etc).

Also, do I have to print the online application as well when I fill it in and send it to her? (I hand filled the VAF4 form and app2 and sent it to her). If we have to print the online one as well then I will send it to her with my payslip.

Thanks[/quote]

Hey So did you have to reshedule the appoinment or re do the online application ?

As far as I am aware the 28 day rule applies to financial documents only and I am not 100% certain but I think the employer letter should be included. (If someone on hier can confirm this).

Also I had a major confusion with the 28days rule whether it is the day of submission of documents or when the online application is made the majority are saying it is the date of online application so I am just going to go with that and keep praying!

so when are you hoping to apply and where from ?

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm

gucci9 wrote:Hi Everyone

Is there any other February applicants on this forum
also is there any applying in mirpur ?

Would be nice to know so I can compare the timing of things eg, progression of application.

Thanks,

Hi!!

We applied in Mirpur, well appointment date was Monday docs have been forwarded to BHC!

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Hey So did you have to reshedule the appoinment or re do the online application ?

As far as I am aware the 28 day rule applies to financial documents only and I am not 100% certain but I think the employer letter should be included. (If someone on hier can confirm this).

Also I had a major confusion with the 28days rule whether it is the day of submission of documents or when the online application is made the majority are saying it is the date of online application so I am just going to go with that and keep praying!

so when are you hoping to apply and where from ?[/quote]

I havent submitted online application yet, was waiting for docs to reach my wife and then fill in the online application. I "thought" you only needed to fill in forms VAF4 and app2 and hand fill them. Did you hand fill these forms or did you fill in the online form and handed it in?

I need to send her my new payslip and statement so I think it will prob be mid march now. We'll apply from Islamabad.

Reading their guidelines it says if you submit any docs which are for a period that ends with the date of application then that doc needs to be no older than 28 days (something along those lines). I think that means payslips and bank statements, not employer letter or landlord letter but I wanted to know if anyone knows more than me?

If you apply via Cat A or B then you definitely need employer letter, did you not submit one?