ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

brp error in visa type

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parama
Newly Registered

brp error in visa type

Post by parama » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi,

I have a tier 1 general migrant visa. I applied for my surname change with toc form. The name got changed successfully in my new brp card. But they have also changed my visa to T1 Gr entrepreneur and in visa type its printed: business& 20 hrs work. I didnt get my Tier 1 general in this category neither my immigration status can be of a businessman. I have emailed brp team on monday with all my details on monday. They have sent me an automated reply saying that I will be answered in 5 working days. Its been 3 days now and I havnt heard anything from them. I am very worried as I dont want to get my visa category changed. Could u pls suggest what should be my next step?

Thanks. P.

riz1986

Re: brp error in visa type

Post by riz1986 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Wait for 5 working days and keep ur Tier 1 cover letter safe.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 pm

It's an error, they don't have the authority to change you're festoon status when you apply for a replacement BRP. Just wait for their response, it will be corrected.

parama
Newly Registered

Post by parama » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:41 pm

hi there,
thank u for your replies. i got an email from brp team saying that there is no error from their part. they asked me to contact caseworker regarding this matter. do u think i should go through a lawyer and send the letter to the caseworker or write it by myself. i have all original supporting doc to prove my original immigration status.

kvmurali32
Newly Registered

Post by kvmurali32 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Parama,
I am facing a similar issue. Could you please share how you got this resolved and how long it took for CW to reply to you?
- Applied for Tier 1 General Extension (for the third time) on 24 January using the same day service at Croydon PSC
- Received a acknowledgment letter the same day stating Tier 1 General extension was successful
- Received the BRP card on 30 January all my personal details were correct but the type of permit was incorrect. T1 GR ENTREPRENEUR instead of TIER1 GENERAL.
- Wrote to the BRPerror email address
- BRP Error replied stating that the details on the BRP card match the home office records and that I need to contact the Case Worker at the PSC directly.
- Sent a letter in the post on 3 February explaining the situation and provided copies of the Tier 1 General application acknowledge on the appoint day and the previous Tier 1 General BRP. The letter reached them on 5 February
- Been over a week now and I haven't heard from CW or Croydon PSC

I am concerned that there does not seem to be a clear process for what looks like a possible data entry error at the PSC center. Further - technically the visa type has restriction that I cannot work for more than 20 hrs which is inconsistent with my current full time employment.

Thank you,
Murali

SalilM
Newly Registered

Post by SalilM » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 am

Hello,
I am facing exactly the same issue and I have been issue the BRP Card with wrong Visa-Type "Tier1 GR Entrepreneur" while my application was for Tier 1 (General) and my approval letter also indicates that I have been granted Leave-to-remain under Tier 1 (General). I also tried contacting BRPError Team and got exactly the same reply from them. I was awarded Visa on 11th February 2015 and received my BRP yesterday with wrong information. Error Team asked me to contact Case Worker Team of Crydon.

Was anybody able to resovlve the issue. Any leads in this matter would be really helpful.

Best regards
Salil

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Guys,
My husband had the exact problem. Shocking they do this after charging so much money.
We emailed BRP Error and got this in reply
Thank you for your enquiry. We regret to advise you that we are unable to assist with this particular type of enquiry.
If you wish to dispute the case type, you should first consult the guidance on our website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration
Or you may wish to contact the Croydon Contact Centre; information for this is available at: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk please select “Start” and choose United Kingdom to be directed to the correct page.
If this does not answer your query, you should write to the Permit Holder's case work team setting out the reasons why you believe your BRP is incorrect. The address to write to can be found on the decision letter sent to the Permit Holder. If a Visa Premium Service Centre was attended to process the application, the Permit Holder will need to contact the office attended.
Please note we are unable to provide any further details of Caseworkers or Case Work Teams.
lease do not return the BRP at this point.
The case work team will advise whether they need the BRP returned.
On contacting the no 0300 123 2241, he was asked to return his BRP to the address Senior Case Work Team, BRP Errors, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY.

We will be sending this tomorrow, will keep you posted on how we it goes.

travelholic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelholic » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 am

We are still waiting for the new BRP. Anyone else got this problem corrected ?