ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hs-french
Newly Registered

Re: July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by hs-french » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Babloo85 wrote:
hs-french wrote:
UPDATE:

Eligibility Criteria: 6 Years (EEA National Exercising EC Treaty Rights)
Current Nationality: French
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English, B2)
Application Method: NCS (Bedford)
Payment Method: Debit Card
Application Date: 15/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 31/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 4/8/14
Payment Clearance: early August 2014
Approval Letter Dated: 14/2/15
Approval Letter Received: 19/2/15
Ceremony: Booked

I thank everyone who shared their experiences on this forum. My best wishes of good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope you all get sorted soon.
Congratulations.
Could you please let us know if you received any letter asking you to wait another 3/6 months ?
Thank you very much. No, I did not receive that letter.

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:32 pm

I had written an email to Further Nationality Enquiries after my 6 months was over and today I received an email saying my case can take another 3-6 months for a decision. Then they shamelessly asked me to leave a feedback for their services?
This is a joke....

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Finally after long time of waiting I have my approval!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!! :D
Here is my timeline:
Eligibility Criteria: 10 years in UK
Current Nationality: Polish
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + ESOL B1
Application Method: By post
Application Date: 29/07/2014
Received by UKBA: 30/07/2014
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 10/08/14
Payment Clearance: 11/08/2014
Approval Letter Dated: 18/2/15
Approval Letter Received: 23/2/15
Ceremony: to be book
I didn't receive the letter saying that I have to wait 3-6 months
I would like to wish everyone GOOD LUCK!!! And I hope you will be next very soon. Thank you for your support!!!

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:49 pm

justwit wrote:Finally after long time of waiting I have my approval!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!! :D
Here is my timeline:
Eligibility Criteria: 10 years in UK
Current Nationality: Polish
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + ESOL B1
Application Method: By post
Application Date: 29/07/2014
Received by UKBA: 30/07/2014
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 10/08/14
Payment Clearance: 11/08/2014
Approval Letter Dated: 18/2/15
Approval Letter Received: 23/2/15
Ceremony: to be book
I didn't receive the letter saying that I have to wait 3-6 months
I would like to wish everyone GOOD LUCK!!! And I hope you will be next very soon. Thank you for your support!!!
You forgot to change the "Current Nationality" field my friend ha, ha :) Good luck to you!

assa81
Newly Registered

Post by assa81 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello All,

Finally! Got it :-) Updated timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 6yrs+ residency EEA (no PR)
Language criteria met : UK Masters
Current nationality: Polish
Method of application: NCA
Council name if NCS used: Gloucestershire
Date of application: 29/07/14
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/07/14
Date of acknowledgment: Acknowledgement dated 08/08/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/08/2014
Date approval received: 27 Feb (dated 23 Feb)
Date of ceremony: to be booked

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Congratulations, gratulacje!!!! I knew it you will be next! I booked my ceremony on 17. 03. Big congratulations once more

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim9140 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Finally received my famous brown envelope
Applied 1st of july 14
Received 28th feb 15
Letter dated 19th feb 15

I am an non-eea. I had ILR origin country india

Good luck everyone.
Last edited by ibrahim9140 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Defgh789
Newly Registered

Post by Defgh789 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi, non eea family member,5 years
Applied: 17july2014
Approval received:18feb2015
Letter dated:03feb15
Ceremony:23feb15
Now waiting for my passport.

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

ibrahim9140 wrote:Finally received my famous brown envelope
Applied 1st of july 14
Received 28th feb 15
Letter dated 19th feb 15

Good luck everyone.
Congrats bro. Did you receive any letter telling you to wait another 3/6 months ?

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim9140 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 am

Babloo85 wrote:
ibrahim9140 wrote:Finally received my famous brown envelope
Applied 1st of july 14
Received 28th feb 15
Letter dated 19th feb 15

Good luck everyone.
Congrats bro. Did you receive any letter telling you to wait another 3/6 months ?
Thanks brother. I dint receive any 3-6 months letter. According to what I heard on this forum is that people who made a complain received the 3-6 month letter and it was just their way to shut people mouth and if you look closely the letter is not from the case worker its just general complain department letter.

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm

I made a complain on 06.02 and I didn't receive a letter saying that I need to wait 3-6 months. I received my approval letter on 23rd February and today a email back from UKVI complaints saying that they sorry I have to wait longer than 6 months and my application was already submitted. So more than 8 days later after I received my approval they respond on my complaint letter ( after a month I send the complaint)

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Czesc justwit! Mozesz sie podzielic informacjami gdzie wyslales(as) complain i jaki wzor pisma zostal uzyty przez Ciebie?
Ja czekam dalej, zlozylem papiery 14.07 i dalej cisza, w miedzyczasie wyslalem maila do mojego PM i tez cisza....
Pozdrawiam i gratulacje....

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 am

hi I send it to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and I wrote my reference number and address. In complain I asked on what stage is my application and reasons why its taking so long etc.... I thing you wont wait for long. Jesli nie masz listu ze musisz czekac 3-6 miesiecy to juz nie dlugo!!!! dostales/ dostalas taki list??? Trzymam kciuki!!!

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:15 am

I wrote as well to my MP but didn't get any reply to this day. maybe he find out that they nearly finish with my application so MP wasn't bother to reply!

gaurjai

Post by gaurjai » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:22 pm

I wrote to my MP in Feb since 6 months had passed without any decision. And today MP received a response from HO and then forwarded that to me. It's the same old story HO wrote in the response and without giving any further details OR any timelines. In the letter, they are saying that they will now provide an update to applicants but already received an update 3 weeks back of 3-6 months extra. So not sure if they are going to send another update OR they are talking about this 3 weeks back update.

Anyone had any feedback from your MP?

Here is the text of the letter:
Dear Ms XXX

Thank you for your letter of 4 February on behalf of Mr XXXX of <address>, about his application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

Mr XX’s application was made on 31July 2014. Whilst we aim to process nationality applications within six months, information given on our website at: http://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration does advise that some applications can take longer. This is because all applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied, and which can include some enquiries with organisations outside of UK Visas and Immigration that may take some time to complete.

Furthermore, the Independent Chief Inspector’s report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subject to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their previous immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and as a result greater levels of scrutiny are being applied to some applications. Due to the additional checks required, these cases will take a little longer to consider. We apologise for any delays that customers have experienced as a result of the changes to our guidance.

In the interests of fairness to all applicants, we deal with applications in order of receipt. Unfortunately, we can only expedite where there is a genuine need to do so.

We are now in the process of providing customers, who have not received a decision within six months as a result of our revised guidance, with an update on their case. All applicants will be notified of the decisions on their cases as soon as they become available.

alatrish
Newly Registered

Post by alatrish » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:16 pm

I have applied on 11th of July , my Mp send me same letter as above

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Please update your details on the excel file and
esmsi wrote:I try to make a excel sheet where everybody's time will be there.
Please update there . Please do not put your real name or any personal information there.

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:37 pm

When I've called this week for details I was made to feel like an idiot for expecting that we should receive a decision within 6 months. Further, I was told that the HO is pretty much spot on with its SLA and I am in a definite minority.

I'm almost starting to wish I hadn't applied as this whole experience isn't particularly making me feel like being British is a thing of pride. Perhaps if I'm so unwanted and don't deserve the exalted privilege that is being British, I'd be better off going back to my home country and starting a campaign to get all the Brits that moved there out of it.

Vibek8
Newly Registered

Post by Vibek8 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:08 am

Hi all

I applied July but I don't receive approval just receive like every one 3 -6 month letter but I applied for my wife November she got approval last week

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Finally :)
Update:

Eligibility criteria: 5+1yr ILR without PR card
Language criteria met : B1
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 14 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 25 July 2014
Date approval received: letter dated 08.02.15
Date of ceremony:24.03.15

Good luck for all waiting people :)

justwit
Newly Registered

Post by justwit » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:28 am

PYRZAN wrote:Finally :)
Update:

Eligibility criteria: 5+1yr ILR without PR card
Language criteria met : B1
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 14 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 25 July 2014
Date approval received: letter dated 08.02.15
Date of ceremony:24.03.15

Good luck for all waiting people :)
Gratulacje!!!!!! I told you it wont take long for you.

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 pm

8months 1week to be exact today and still waiting. Sometimes it gets to me not because I have to wait but with the thought that my friend applied in January and already has her British Passport, am so saddened but the unfair procedural events. Am Kenyan and I applied with my daughter, hopefully this will soon come to an end. Bless you those who are still waiting for those who have waited so long and gotten their response back, Congratulations!!.

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:37 am

Mafikizolo wrote:8months 1week to be exact today and still waiting. Sometimes it gets to me not because I have to wait but with the thought that my friend applied in January and already has her British Passport, am so saddened but the unfair procedural events. Am Kenyan and I applied with my daughter, hopefully this will soon come to an end. Bless you those who are still waiting for those who have waited so long and gotten their response back, Congratulations!!.
You are not alone my friend.
I even requested my passport back on 10/02/2015 and took them 10 days to put it on file that I requested my passport and even since 20/02/2015 it's suppose to take 10 working days, I'm still waiting and my passport it's not arriving.
Tried to call them- NO ANSWER ...
What this people are doing there I don't know, but this is ridiculous :(

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Finally got a reply through my MP. Happy days after many long months of waiting, phoning and engaging my MP.

Application date 15th July 2014
Approval date: 11th March 2015

Correspondence below. Good luck all and keep posting

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Further to enquiries I have made on your behalf, I have received the below response.

I am very pleased to inform you that, subject to final checks, your application for citizenship has been improved.

As ever, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if I can be of any other assistance as your MP.

Kind regards,

Lynne Featherstone MP
Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for Hornsey and Wood Green

Keep in touch with Lynne online: blog - www.lynnefeatherstone.org / Twitter - http://twitter.com/lfeatherstone / Facebook - www.facebook.com/lynne.featherstone
/ Instagram - http://instagram.com/lynnefeatherstonemp

Whilst your MP will treat as confidential any personal information which you pass on, she will allow authorised staff to see the information if this is needed to help and advise you and may pass all or some of this information to agencies such as the DSS, Inland Revenue or the local council if this is necessary to help your case. She may wish to write to you from time to time to keep you informed or related issues that you may find of interest. Please let her know if you do not wish to be contacted in this way.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Rt Hon Lynne Featherstone MP
Lynne.featherstone.2nd@parliament.uk

12 March 2015

CTS Reference: XXXXXXX
HO Reference: XXXXXXX
Your Reference: XXXXXXX

Dear Ms Featherstone

Thank you for your email correspondence of 16 February on behalf of Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, about his application for British citizenship.

Mr XXXXX’s application was received on 15 July 2014. I apologise for the delay in concluding Mr XXXXX’s application. I can confirm that his application for British citizenship was approved on 11 March 2015. We wrote to Mr XXXXX’s representative, 1st Contact Visas, explaining that a further letter will be sent explaining the actions Mr XXXXX needs to take in order to receive his British citizenship certificate.

Yours sincerely

Mrs J Sajeev
Assistant Director
Customer Service Operations

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 pm

People r paying £906 for each naturalisation application and in the famous 11 DEC report of Mr John Vine, it states that HO expenses on one application including everthing r only £147. still they are not sending acknowledgement letters, not picking up phones, not giving actual/proper updates on the applications even after 6 months, not sending decisions by atleast 1st class mail.

If there is a backlog then HO should be dealing with applications which r first in the que, not just jumping the que and start processing new applications and leaving the backlog as it is Or atleast give a proper information why this uncertainity and randomness is happening why some applications r still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker even after 6 months and some r approved in 3 weeks time.

Their way of working is not making any sense here.

The best way is raise this issue one the proper platform.

Shadow Home Secretary is Yvette Cooper from labour

her contact deails are mentioned on her website.

http://www.yvettecooper.com/contact_yvette

I recomend all of you to please drop her an email regarding this high uncertainity and randomness of HO.

OR

If one of the members here can draft the email and we all can sign it and send it as a joint email to the shadow home secretary then it will definitely make a difference otherwise 1 or 2 emails wont make any difference.

I know atleast 15 people who r facing the same uncertainity and they r not on this forum. I am more than happy to request them to sign the email too.