ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamal80
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa

Post by jamal80 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 am

Hi all,

I have a question about family visitor visas. Me, my wife are settled in the UK, My child is also a British citizen. I would like my parents to come and visit us, They have no intention to stay here permanently. (Max they would stay in each trip is 3 months)

The had 5 year UK tourist visas before which now expired. (They used to come and visit us from time to time)

My question:

I have checked the VAF1B application form (finances part) and I am concerned about if they ask some amount of money in my parents bank account. They have some assets on their names at the end of the day, but they are retired but they do not have much in their bank account.

We (me and my brother) support them. Their trip (s) will be sponsored by me, they do not have to have cash in their bank account.

What course of action shall I take?

Many thanks.

jamal80
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa

Post by jamal80 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi

I need help desperately. Many thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:45 am

I guess you are applying for long term family visitor visa again.

In regards to finances what has changed in terms of evidences between what you provided for getting the previous 5 year visa and application now?

jamal80
Newly Registered

Post by jamal80 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 am

Hi,

Yes we will be applying for long term visa. (2 years this time I am thinking)

It is a valid point, what has changed, nothing has changed I guess in terms of income. They were retired then and they are retired now.

I don't remember if we showed some monies in their bank account previously. However now, I have to apply for visa within a month and there is not much money left in their account, I can show my account with no problems. I will be the sponsor anyway so I don't understand why they would reject an application based on their income.

While I will try to find the previous application details can you please advise if they will look at my finances or they want definitely some amounts in their bank account as well?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

From what you wrote they have had 5 year visa and hope they have stayed within limits and nothing to concerns form law side.

Finance side ECO may want to see that parents have access to cash in case of requirement during their visit, either in their account or from yourself. Offcourse you can show from your accounts. However having some cash in their account or declaration in the application form that you are giving them cash for their expenses should be ok, IMHO. But please don't take my word for it.

The proven track record is in applicant's favour.

Hope this helps.