ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR main applicant + PBS dependent on same day PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chase53

ILR main applicant + PBS dependent on same day PEO

Post by Chase53 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi friends,

I know this question might have been asked many times in the forum and I could not find any exact answers. So could someone point me in the right direction please??

I am due for my ILR application soon through Tier 1 G 5 years and my wife is currently with me in UK on Tier 1 G dependent visa. And she has only been in the country for 1 year now, so I am thinking of applying PBS dependent visa for her along with my ILR application using the same day service.

So my questions are -
1) Do I have to book same time for both applications (My ILR + her PBS dependent extension) and submit two applicaitons and documents together? or book appointments 2 hours apart, so that I can have my ILR done first and then her PBS next? If anyone in the forum have done ILR+PBS using same day service before, can you shed some light on this?

2) Her current Tier1G dependent visa was granted for 15 months (until my Tier1G expiry), so how long does she get the PBS dependent extension for?

Thanks in advance!

cfdman

Re: ILR main applicant + PBS dependent on same day PEO

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 pm

1. It does not matter whether you apply at same time or not. Since you both apply for two different visas, the application form. document etc should be submitted seperately and you also need two different appointments. Ofcourse, if you using any documents for your ILR application, which your wife also needs for her PBS dependent application, thn you may need to book an appointment with sufficient gap in-between, so that you get all your documents back and re-submit it again for the next application.
But, bear in mind, if there is any issues due to which any additional verification checks needed in your ILR application, then they may retain the documents you have submitted. In this case, you may run into trouble if your wife's appointment is few hours later. This situation is rare though.

2. Regarding your second question, refer PBS dependent guidance, which says
"We will grant leave inline with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave, except where the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain. In these cases, we will grant you a period of three years leave"

So, the answer to your question is "3 years". Unfortunately, she may need one more extension after 3 years before she qualifies for ILR.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks cfdman for your reply.

So in my case, I don't think any documents I submit for my ILR may be needed for my wife's PBS dependent extension visa.

Just to be clear. I am going to list the documents I need to submit for her visa extension
1)3 months recent bank statements showing funds £630
2)Marriage certificate (already submitted with her initial Tier1G dep visa)
3)recent water bill containing our both names (do we need from the beginning of her stay?)

Do I have to provide any more documents?

And also thanks for confirming second question in my initial post above :)

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:39 pm

I am not aware of Tier -1 dependent extension requirements, as I was on tier-2.
Follow this thread under Tier-1 forum
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 81288.html

Or raise a question there in Tier-1 forum, if you have more doubts.