ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a chance to get WP based on 4 years experience ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanna

Is there a chance to get WP based on 4 years experience ?

Post by hanna » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi,all
Im curently on dipendent visa and my husband is a student.I have more then 4 years experince working as a chef in uk and 6 months experience working as a Spam mamager.I have a degree, but from my country and it is not relaited in any way to cooking.My question is do I qualify for a WP visa?Is it worth to try to apply?
I would appriciate any advise.
Thanks
Hanna

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Is there a chance to get WP based on 4 years experience

Post by magsi23 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:21 pm

hanna wrote:Hi,all
Im curently on dipendent visa and my husband is a student.I have more then 4 years experince working as a chef in uk and 6 months experience working as a Spam mamager.I have a degree, but from my country and it is not relaited in any way to cooking.My question is do I qualify for a WP visa?Is it worth to try to apply?
I would appriciate any advise.
Thanks
Hanna

Four years work experience is good enough to qualify for WP, what is your nationality?
Magsi

hanna

Post by hanna » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Im ukrainian.Would it be a problem if Im on dependent visa now?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:33 pm

No problem, if you can find someone to sponsor your WP first.
Jabi

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 pm

hanna wrote:Im ukrainian.Would it be a problem if Im on dependent visa now?
You might not be able to switch in country (not 100% sure) but yeh as long as someone is willing to sponsor you, you shouldnt have any problems
Magsi

krish.venugopal

Post by krish.venugopal » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:23 am

Yes switching in country is possible, I switched from dependant visa to WP in country.

hanna

Post by hanna » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:58 am

Hi,Krish,I called the WP department yesterday,they told me that I would have to live the country to apply for WP.Could you explain how you got your WP.
Thanks
Hanna

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 pm

krish.venugopal wrote:Yes switching in country is possible, I switched from dependant visa to WP in country.
I asume that you were very lucky. Officialy there is a no-switching policy from dependant visa to a WP visa. But anecdotically, there has been a few no-switching cases getting switched in-country.
Jabi

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:10 pm

The work experience will have to be senior level for you to qualify (ie graduate level).

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:30 am

hanna wrote:Hi,Krish,I called the WP department yesterday,they told me that I would have to live the country to apply for WP.Could you explain how you got your WP.
Thanks
Hanna
Yes thats what i thought
Magsi