ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR after main applicant ILR basis of 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awais394
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR after main applicant ILR basis of 10 years

Post by awais394 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi,

My situation is as follows:

My wife joined me on Feb 2011 at Tier 1 General Dependent and we got further extension of 2 years in 2013 until April 2015. In Sep 2014 i got ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency basis.

Now my question is as I am coming across different information from different resources that my wife can not apply for ILR even she has spend more than 4 years as my dependent. She needs to switch to Spouse visa and then she can apply for ILR (Can anyone please provide me a link to HO website or refer to any Immigration policy paragraph to confirm this, as I have only came across this information without a authentic reference to a document)

I have consulted few solicitors and they have mentioned that she can apply for ILR.

Please help me in this case as i do not want to pay a large fee to a solicitor and got into a trouble after that, and if i have a reference to a document then i can show them that on what basis they are telling me that she is eligible.

Many Thanks

Awais

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent ILR after main applicant ILR basis of 10 years

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Changes in the link below @
vinny wrote:***** CHANGES 6th April 2014 *****
Your partner will need to switch to FLR(M), which will reset her ILR clock to zero and she will have to wait a further 5 years for ILR.

It would have been easier and quicker if you had applied for ILR under Tier 1 as your spouse would have been able to apply at the same time as you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.