ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O Form, English language req

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

montysingh

SET O Form, English language req

Post by montysingh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 am

Hi All

Can someone please advise me on two things.

1. do i need to fill 2 SET O forms for myself and my partner.

2. I am on Tier 1 visa since 2009 and i have provided my original degree certificate at the time of original application and it was also on the points based calculator then, not anymore sadly.

Do i have to complete any English level qualification as well along with my partner.

Thanks

bmaru

Re: SET O Form, English language req

Post by bmaru » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:17 pm

1)I think you need only one SET (O) form if you applying together.

2) You have Bachelor Degree when you applied for first entry clearance.I have checked the point based calculator they have removed Bachelor Degree option completely from both below option

i) Select my qualification from the database
ii) Select the relevant band for my qualification

You may contact UK Visas and Immigration contact centre Telephone: 0300 123 2241 about removal of Bachelor Degree option.

Can seniors reply on this?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Choose "Professional Bachelor degree", if your degree fits in this category.

Also, remember, if you are using Tier-1 option in PBS calculator, the calculator will not award any points if you choose the first entry entry clearance date in the range of between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010.
This is because, the Tier-1 rules in place between those dates will not award points for Bachelor degree.

Neverthless, if you are going for ILR, and using PBS calculator Tier-1 option, choose a date out of the above range, so that your degree will get sufficient point (even, your first succesful entry clearance was in this range of date).
Remember, you not going to apply for Tier-1 BRP, just using the Tier-1 self-assessment to assess your degree.
You can also explain this reasoning in the "Section 8B - Other information" to make sure that the case worker understands your intention.

bmaru

Post by bmaru » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks for your reply!!! it works as mentioned!!!

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm

cfdman wrote:Choose "Professional Bachelor degree", if your degree fits in this category.

Also, remember, if you are using Tier-1 option in PBS calculator, the calculator will not award any points if you choose the first entry entry clearance date in the range of between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010.
This is because, the Tier-1 rules in place between those dates will not award points for Bachelor degree.

Neverthless, if you are going for ILR, and using PBS calculator Tier-1 option, choose a date out of the above range, so that your degree will get sufficient point (even, your first succesful entry clearance was in this range of date).
Remember, you not going to apply for Tier-1 BRP, just using the Tier-1 self-assessment to assess your degree.
You can also explain this reasoning in the "Section 8B - Other information" to make sure that the case worker understands your intention.
Hello mate

You are correct in saying about the PBS calculator dates, i will take a print out of it as well.

Also, can someone shed a light on the issue that i have also got an expired IELTS certificate from 2004, can i still use to show my english language requirement as wel..

please give me your experiences or any links regarding this.
thanks

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:03 pm

any suggestions guys

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:56 pm

anything guys

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:31 pm

According to this discussion

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 54965.html

it seems someone had written to home office got advised that "Expired IELTS can be used for an ILR application".