ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gucci9

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by gucci9 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Fari990 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:AN UPDATE ON MY WIFE'S VISA…

I didn't receive any emails from BHC informing me that the application was processed or concluded. Neither did I receive any email from Gerrys, VAC telling me that the documents are ready for collection. My wife only received a call from VAC yesterday and today she went to get her passport and guess what?

MY WIFE HAS BEEN GRANTED HER VISA!!!!

My advice to everyone who's still waiting for their visa outcome.. DO NOT rely on the email theory!

I didn't hire a solicitor either to handle my wife's visa. ALL the information and requirements you need are listed on the .gov.uk website. Plus forums like this helped me answer some of the questions I had prior to making the application.

ONLY submit your application once you are 100% sure of all the requirements and you are confident that you have gather all the evidence you need to submit with your application.

Solicitors charge up to £1000 or more. You can save this money by doing your own research and using forums like these to get advice. But at the same time, do not let what others say put you in doubt. Do your own research!

May Allah grant you all your spouse visas ASAP, In Sha'Allah soon.

Awwwww mashalahhhh CONGRATS . Allah swt bless your marriage

Wgich catergory did you apply ??

Congratulations well done!!! :)

Im glad to know about the email theory and will not rely on this now!!

Can I ask a quick question please

Are documents dated after the online application submitted valid but before documents submitted?

eg if i submitted online application and paid end of january and submitted documents today and my employment letter and bank statements were for example 9th february is that ok ??

Please confirm or if anyone else can help would be great.

Thanks
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Fari990 wrote:
gucci9 wrote:
Fari990 wrote:[''gucci9"]Hello everyone hope you are well

I was just wondering if anyone knows about the email theory as in the past it was if you had 2 emails your granted visa (the majority )

Apparently a few people mentioned that this has changed now and if you get 1 email you are granted visa

Can someone please confirm

(Preferably if anyone has recently been granted or rejected visa would be able to answer )

Thanks x

From what i know its

1 emaik + call from gerrys = Granted

No emails + call from gerrys = rejected

I maybe wrong
Hope786 got one email recently and visa was granted so things have changed!!? Lol

Thanks for confirming .

Hope I get an email soon lol

Do you know wat it says on the email ?

xx

It says update on your visa application - in the email header subject area .

Something along those lines. Did u submit from mirpur ? Xx[/quote]

Yes I did Today

When will you be submitting ? x[/quote]

There is no email theory now ! We cannot rely in it !

Im going tomorow mirpur gerrys ! Inshalah. How many photos did you include gucci ? Xx[/quote]

I included around 10 wedding fotos and about 10 after wedding wbu x

have you done your online application ?
are your documents in pakistan ?

xx
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:18 pm

gucci9 wrote:
Fari990 wrote:

I didn't receive any emails from BHC informing me that the application was processed or concluded. Neither did I receive any email from Gerrys, VAC telling me that the documents are ready for collection. My wife only received a call from VAC yesterday and today she went to get her passport and guess what?

My advice to everyone who's still waiting for their visa outcome.. DO NOT rely on the email theory!

I didn't hire a solicitor either to handle my wife's visa. ALL the information and requirements you need are listed on the .gov.uk website. Plus forums like this helped me answer some of the questions I had prior to making the application.

ONLY submit your application once you are 100% sure of all the requirements and you are confident that you have gather all the evidence you need to submit with your application.

Solicitors charge up to £1000 or more. You can save this money by doing your own research and using forums like these to get advice. But at the same time, do not let what others say put you in doubt. Do your own research!

Are documents dated after the online application submitted valid but before documents submitted?

eg if i submitted online application and paid end of january and submitted documents today and my employment letter and bank statements were for example 9th february is that ok ??

Thanks

Yeah thats fineeee iv done the same.
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:20 pm

xx[/quote]

My husband done everything - online application form. I received my documents last week. My documents come to me within 3 days. My husband included about the same pics.
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

gucci9 wrote:
Fari990 wrote:

Thanks
You only need to be concerned about the date on your bank statements not being over 28 days from the date of submission.

And thank you, I wish you all the best and good luck with your application. But pleaseeeeeeee make sure you are 100% certain that you have met ALL the requirements before submitting your application. The last thing you or anyone wants to end up doing is spending another £885 + in your case more solicitors fees if the visa is rejected. And appeals apparently can take up to 18 months.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:22 pm

salam bhai congratulations first of all, and can you please have the copy of tenancy agreement. do you know any estate agent who can give survey report.
also can you please mention the documents as i am really worried about spouse visa application. also covering letter if you have. please bhai help me.
Zajak ALLAH
EMAIL: tanveer.bandukda@gmail.com
mobile:07894988739

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Hello, just wanted to let the forum know that I have submitted my wife's visa on 27/01/2015 at BHC islamabad, will keep members posted on the progress, wish me luck guys!!

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 pm

salam bhai congratulations first of all, and can you please send me the copy of tenancy agreement. do you know any estate agent who can give survey report.
Do they check with the landlord?
also can you please mention the documents as i am really worried about spouse visa application. also covering letter if you have. please bhai help me.
Zajak ALLAH
Fari990 wrote:
ab112 wrote:I married my cousin, I just want to double check that is legal in the UK?? I assumed it is since a lot of asians do it. :roll:

Hahaha lol

Erm yess its legal !!

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:46 pm

salam bhai congratulations first of all, do you know any estate agent who can give survey report.
Zajak ALLAH
MGH wrote:Hello, just wanted to let the forum know that I have submitted my wife's visa on 27/01/2015 at BHC islamabad, will keep members posted on the progress, wish me luck guys!!

roger354

Post by roger354 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 pm

*FACEPALM*
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:35 pm

roger354 wrote:*FACEPALM*

Lolz !!! Whats happened nw !!

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Salaam, Can anyone help as my landlord refuse to give me a tenancy agreement. please help!!

roger354

Post by roger354 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Shreen wrote:
roger354 wrote:*FACEPALM*

Lolz !!! Whats happened nw !!
Just look at the last page :D

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:49 pm

tanzeela wrote:Salaam, Can anyone help as my landlord refuse to give me a tenancy agreement. please help!!

Why would he refuse to give u a tenancy agreement? And by the way when r u looking to apply ?

asif3
United Kingdom

Post by asif3 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Salaam guys

For proof of marriage is the marriage registration certificate enough? It has our details in english and urdu and is stamped by the union council, frm govt of punjab.

Or do i need the original nika naama that we signed?

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 pm

he didnt give a reason. can someone help in regards to tenancy agreement.
Shreen wrote:
tanzeela wrote:Salaam, Can anyone help as my landlord refuse to give me a tenancy agreement. please help!!

Why would he refuse to give u a tenancy agreement? And by the way when r u looking to apply ?

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:30 pm

tanzeela wrote:he didnt give a reason. can someone help in regards to tenancy agreement.
Shreen wrote:

First of all u really need to spk to ur landlord and gey the reason as to why he refused to give u a tenancy agreement and then take it frm there

ab112

Post by ab112 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 pm

tanzeela wrote:salam bhai congratulations first of all, and can you please send me the copy of tenancy agreement. do you know any estate agent who can give survey report.
Do they check with the landlord?
Zajak ALLAH
Fari990 wrote:
ab112 wrote:I married my cousin, I just want to double check that is legal in the UK?? I assumed it is since a lot of asians do it. :roll:

Hahaha lol

Erm yess its legal !!

Salam, The documents I submitted are in one of my previous posts:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1143444

As for cover letter and tenancy agreement I've already sent these to my wife, just explain your situation. Tenancy agreement and landlord letter giving permission for your spouse are must! They are mentioned on the requirement, unless you can get a relative or friend to write a letter saying you and your spouse can live with them at their house (and for this you would need property inspection report too).

ab112

Post by ab112 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:23 pm

sophia20 wrote:I read that the suo7 form isn't necessary on another forum but I included it because a councillor at an advisory centre gave tht to fill in as well, I guess there's no harm in including it?!

Asif i didn't photocopy my forms because someone said you don't have to and tht they just keep the photocopies at the place where you submit your papers?? Lol

And yeh you have to photocopy photos, what I did was to mount a few photos on one page overlapping each other and photocopy the page it was easier lol
Plus I got my husband to send all his papers to me beforehand just so I could do my own photocopies to keep at home!

Ab112 its 2 hand written forms vaf4a and appendix2
Online form submitted then printed to send with all your papers

I was refused for a few reasons lol main one my tax wasn't paid by employer!
When I did the online form on 12th appointments were available up till 27th Feb I didn't check march, plus there's time slots each day so you'll be OK just do the online form and follow the steps

Thanks for your help sophia20.

I will print online form and send it to my wife, I think we will still submit vaf4 as well. If you only send appendix 2 then this form isnt signed, right? that is strange, because I remember the form ended with no signature required.

When you went to Islamabad, did they not photocopy everything for you? I read somewhere that is not a must and they can photocopy themselves if they needed to. I wasnt going to give any photocopies.

Good luck with your application this time, inshalla you will get your visa this time round

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Ab112
I'd feel better submitting the vaf4a hand written form as well just in case lol
True one of the forms doesn't require a signature weird! Lol

I didn't go Islamabad, my husband did but I photocopied everything in the UK and kept a copy for myself, and sent a copy of all the documents along with the originals to be submitted.
I think they want photocopies as well, I'm sure most ppl on here sent photocopies as well, personally I think you should!?!?

And thank you! Good luck with ur application as well!
:)
Keep us posted!
Last edited by sophia20 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asif3
United Kingdom

Post by asif3 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 pm

asif3 wrote:Salaam guys

For proof of marriage is the marriage registration certificate enough? It has our details in english and urdu and is stamped by the union council,

This is the certificate, will it be enough or do we need to get the nika naama translated?
Attachments
image (1).jpg
image (1).jpg (73.57 KiB) Viewed 1310 times

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Wsalam why wouldnt your landlord give yu a tenancy agreement?
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 pm

asif3 wrote:Salaam guys

For proof of marriage is the marriage registration certificate enough? It has our details in english and urdu and is stamped by the union council, frm govt of punjab.

I think original nikkah nama is must along with its true english translation.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 am

Some pointers…

Filling in the VAF4A form by hand is truly pointless. The instructions are clear. Complete the form ONLINE, submit it online, print a copy, sign the copy and submit it along with all your other documents. The only form required to be filled in by hand is Appendix 2: Financial Requirements.

Completing the SU07 form is also pointless.

You must submit BOTH the Urdu AND English Nikkah Nama papers + the computerised certificate of marriage. So that's a total of 3 documents. If you have 1 or 2, then do not submit your application unless you have all 3.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:05 am

If you got married in azad kashmir you don't need a computerized nikahnaama, don't forgetto give original nikahnama and to get english nikahnama notarized by a notary public in kutchery.