ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility for current Tier 2 ICT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajasekhar25
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for current Tier 2 ICT

Post by rajasekhar25 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi,

I got conflicting responses with regards to my eligibility from various people. Few said I have to keep renewing my Tier 2 ICT till I complete 10 years where as few are very confident that I can proceed with the ILR application this year as I would complete 5 years. Could you please help and let me know if I would be eligible to apply for ILR this year?

I entered UK on May 22 2010 (along with my wife on dependant visa). We have been staying in UK through out except for 1-2 weeks on the usual vacations when we travelled out of UK. Below are the details of the visa category and valid from - valid to dates. Also all the visa extensions are done in UK - except for the very first one which was applied from India.

Tier 2 ICT Established Staff 04/05/2010 03/02/2011
Tier 2 ICT Established Staff 14/03/2011 04/02/2013
Tier 2 ICT Long Term 09/04/2013 18/02/2015
Tier 2 ICT extension currently in progress and already provided biometrics which should give me visa till 2017.

Once I receive my new Tier 2 ICT Long Term visa, can my wife and I apply for ILR in May 2015? Thanks in advance for the help extended.

Best Regards,
Raja

cfdman

Re: ILR eligibility for current Tier 2 ICT

Post by cfdman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 pm

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... y-transfer

Since you have your first Tiet-2 ICT visa after 6 April 2010, Unfortunately you cannot apply fir ILR based on yor 5 years stay in Tier-2 (ICT).

rajasekhar25
Newly Registered

Post by rajasekhar25 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks cfdman for the confirmation. Two further queries based on your response please!

1. Can my wife apply for an ILR as she has been here for 5 years on a dependant visa through out?
2. Could you suggest if there is any way for me to be able to apply for ILR sooner, than wait for another 5 years.

Best Regards,
Raja

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 pm

1. Can my wife apply for an ILR as she has been here for 5 years on a dependant visa through out?
Sorry mate. She is only eligible if you are eligible.

2. Could you suggest if there is any way for me to be able to apply for ILR sooner, than wait for another 5 years.
I could not think of any other avenues, which makes you qualify before 2020. You should have moved to Tier2-G or Tier-1G, years ago, foreseeing this problem. Its too late now.