ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freelance work to being hired? Is this possible?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Us_to_AU
Newly Registered

Freelance work to being hired? Is this possible?

Post by Us_to_AU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:15 am

Ok... since no one can seem to answer my other post.... I came up with this thought....

Could I be contracted out for work from an Australian company while I'm in the states and then that company "hires" me to work for them as an employee? Or does the australian company still have to post the job position, even tho I'm qualified for what they're looking for and just want to flat out hire me?

Does that make sense?

I'm a graphic designer... and my gf's company needs a graphic designer. They want to "hire" me but they can't just yet... can they contract me as a freelancer (overseas) and then later hire me on as a permanent employee - then I move there?

I really need an answer if anyone can help.

The Cavalier
BANNED

Post by The Cavalier » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:32 pm

More Information about Australia immigration

Hello all;
I'm a spammer on this forum and I want to be helpful so I will give you this spam
[deleted]

This site has little to no information about Australian immigration....you all can get information about google ads instead.

I wish to be helpfult for you

This post has been edited by Management® for clarity.

Us_to_AU
Newly Registered

Post by Us_to_AU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Sorry... all I see is a bit of information about Australia and a bunch of google ads...

gumnut
Newly Registered

Post by gumnut » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 am

If you don't think me rude, how old are you? I ask because we have, I believe, a holiday/part time work visa for people under...hmm.. 30 (or 28?). Perhaps if you got some contract work with that company while here, you could network from there.

I'm not sure whether we have a lack of designers - I work in that sort of industry and there always seems to be lots of graphic design and web design jobs advertised.

However, you could also try putting an ad in one of the advertising industry magazines (like Ad News) and let the entire industry know why they should sponsor you. :) It's worked before...

W

Us_to_AU
Newly Registered

Post by Us_to_AU » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:19 pm

No... not rude... LOL..

I'm 41... but...

I'm not going to AU on a work visa.

We've sorted it out... I'll be leaving the US at end of April beginning of May... our troubles are over!

We found a way to be together... (I'm in an LDR)