ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

verdolaga
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by verdolaga » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Eligibility criteria: EU Family member 5 years, Permanent Resident 2 years
Method of application: Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: July 18 2014
Date of receipt of approval: January 30 2015
Date of Ceremony: February 25 2015

I have been following this forum for a while and found it very useful. My application took just over 6 months but now it is all done.
However, before I apply for a British passport I have a question and would appreciate if anyone may be able to offer any advice:
I need to travel abroad soon (not sure when but definitely before 6 weeks from now)
My question is, can I still travel with my passport from my country of origin and re enter the UK using that passport which has my PR card or does the PR card become invalid once I have been issued with a certificate of naturalization and I must enter the UK with a British passport.
Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

bromleysouthbs
Newly Registered

Post by bromleysouthbs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi, this depends totally on if your origin country allows you dual citizen ship. Once you have been naturalized as a british you hold british citizenship.
Hence you need to confirm if your previous cirizenship country rule will decide if you can hold dual citizenship and travel in that passport.

verdolaga
Newly Registered

Post by verdolaga » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks bromleysouthbs.
My country of origin allows dual citizenship and my passport remains valid.
My query is about coming back to the UK. I normally enter the UK with my passport and show my permanent resident card. Can I still do that and apply for a British passport then or does the Home Office somehow invalidate my status as a permanent resident as I am now considered a British citizen?
Thanks again.

bromleysouthbs
Newly Registered

Post by bromleysouthbs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi, unfortunaely it is not because PR is pretty much a 10 year visa if you notice on the BRP card.
It seems incorrect that you are entering the country on a permanent residence visa when you are a citizen of the country hence in all fairness i wuld not suggest you to use that when entering the country.
If it is an emergency i would suggest that you discuss this with UKBA so that they can give you some sort of an emergency certificate or alternative so that you do not have a problem arriving back into the UK.

Do look out for any other responses out here that may also help you take the correct decision.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:22 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have noticed that so many applicant got there citizenship approved within 2-3weeks which seems pretty much impossible especially that nearly all of them are newly registered on this site. Why would anyone register here a month after their application has been sent just to inform others how quickly they got approval. I hope they are not just trolls.
You are just not familiar with internet forums. All forums have lots of people that just browse and take information and never comment. Those that decided to post their info here were successful because of this forum so they want to help others that have not received approvals yet by posting their timeline.

Those that received a 10 day decision may have different circumstance than others that might have a different scenario. Tahdeel was completely honest and disclosed reasons why his decision took more than 6 months. Whereas, someone that got a decision in 10 days may have a solid application and don't have any incident that require the Home Office to check. People posting on here are all trying to help each other.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:28 pm

verdolaga wrote:Thanks bromleysouthbs.
My country of origin allows dual citizenship and my passport remains valid.
My query is about coming back to the UK. I normally enter the UK with my passport and show my permanent resident card. Can I still do that and apply for a British passport then or does the Home Office somehow invalidate my status as a permanent resident as I am now considered a British citizen?
Thanks again.
I remember reading someone having a similar query before. Just tell the border control you didn't have enough time to get the British Passport when you land and they'll check their system to confirm that you are British. You probably have time to attend the ceremony so just get your certificate and bring it with you on your travel. Do a search and you'll find posts that can help you decide.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Book ceremony date after receiving the approval letter...

I see many have their date of the ceremony very quickly after receiving the approval letter. On my letter it says that I can only contact them if no one contacts me after a certain number of weeks. How are you guys booking your ceremony dates so quickly? I don't want to be waiting around when no one is planning on contacting me to schedule a date?!?!

Nottsman
Newly Registered

Post by Nottsman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

If I did not apply through NCS then I would not have been able to leave UK on short notice and attend funeral back home whilst my application was being considered..........the main advantage for me was that all my documents and passports were with me while I was waiting for outcome of application. This becomes even more of an issue if the application takes several months.

Sorry for your lost. Since you had your passport with you after the NCS check, did you still have to notify the Home Office that you have to leave on emergency or are you allow to leave freely during the application?

No I did not inform them I just travelled as normal with my original passport and ILR permit.

When I returned on 22nd Feb my Naturalisation had already been approved for 2 weeks and the envelope was waiting on the floor when I got home. The immigration offficer at Gatwick did not mention this when I cam back in although I suspect that she may have been able to see it on her system.

Nottsman
Newly Registered

Post by Nottsman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:41 pm

bv1 wrote:

I have noticed that so many applicant got there citizenship approved within 2-3weeks which seems pretty much impossible especially that nearly all of them are newly registered on this site. Why would anyone register here a month after their application has been sent just to inform others how quickly they got approval. I hope they are not just trolls.

Dear Imran,
Although I am newly register to this site but believe me my intention of letting people know is only to keep them encouraged not showing "trolls". I have been through a pain of waiting for no reason for nearly 8 months. I received the letter of 3-6 months additional delay due to scrutiny on immigration history whereas others were receving decision sooner. I was visiting this on daily basis to see if there is anyone who has received decision following the 3-6 month letter but I couldnt, therefore my intention was only to let others know that appearantly decisions are getting for delayed application. I believe this is the reason why everyone visit on this forum, however apology for any inconvenience occurred to you because of my post.

The main reason I posted is because I read quite a bit on these forums and got the impression that family applications took quite a while longer than individual ones. I just wanted to let those with families know that I sent mine off on 14/01 and got approval dated 8/02. I returned to UK on 22/02 and managed to get ceremony on 25/02 and I now have the 5 certificates. SO if you have a family to apply for just do it and do not think that it will take forever because mine did not.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:04 pm

BeenThruItAll wrote:

You are just not familiar with internet forums. All forums have lots of people that just browse and take information and never comment. Those that decided to post their info here were successful because of this forum so they want to help others that have not received approvals yet by posting their timeline.

Those that received a 10 day decision may have different circumstance than others that might have a different scenario. Tahdeel was completely honest and disclosed reasons why his decision took more than 6 months. Whereas, someone that got a decision in 10 days may have a solid application and don't have any incident that require the Home Office to check. People posting on here are all trying to help each other.
You must be kidding. I have been a member of this forum much longer than you are. And you telling me I dont know that how forums work. ...Yeah. Right.

Bradpitt2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bradpitt2000 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello everyone,please if somone CAN let me know if i can Apply for citizenship even iam not working,i lost m'y job 2 weeks ago.and i have a not english divorce.CAN i Bring this divorce with me to NCS even is not english?and i was working all this 6years.many thanx :oops: :oops:

mamamia007
Newly Registered

Post by mamamia007 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 pm

[quote="mamamia007"][quote="mamamia007"]Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General +1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Trinity college B1, life in UK test
Method of application: NCS Kingston upon Thames
Date of application: 18.11.2014
Method of payment: credit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 19.11.2014
Date of debit of fee: 29.11.2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :29.11.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 21/02/2015 dated 17/02/2015
Date of ceremony: 26/02/2015 private
Good luck to all waiting

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:31 am

Ozgueler wrote:
Ozgueler wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5Years Tier 1 +1 Year ILR
Language criteria: Life in the UK & IELTS (Academic 8.5)
Method of application: NCS Crawley
Date of application: 21st Jan 2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22nd Jan 2015 (I guess)
Date of debit of fees: 28th Jan 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 2nd Feb 2015 (dated 28th Jan 2015)
Date of receipt of approval: 25th Feb 2015 (dated 16th Feb 2015)
Date of Ceremony: 4th March 2015 (booked today)
All the best & Good luck to everyone
Hey, we used the same council and have our ceremony on the same day. See you on Wednesday!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:45 am

Received 24/02/2015 at 0815
Eligibility criteria: 10 YEARS + ILR 1 year
Language criteria met: UK MSc degree & Life in the UK
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: London
Date of application: 23 FEB 2015 Monday
Payment method: Debit Card fees taken 27 Feb 2015 Friday
Date of acknowledgment:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony: waiting

I think they are fast now.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 am

esmsi wrote:Received 24/02/2015 at 0815
Eligibility criteria: 10 YEARS + ILR 1 year
Language criteria met: UK MSc degree & Life in the UK
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: London
Date of application: 23 FEB 2015 Monday
Payment method: Debit Card fees taken 27 Feb 2015 Friday
Date of acknowledgment:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony: waiting

I think they are fast now.
To take the money :D

iconavdeep

Post by iconavdeep » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 am

Can some one advice me if there is any thread for First British Passport Application time line.
If not i am thinking of creating one.

pneeds
Newly Registered

Post by pneeds » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 am

I send mine off via NCS on Wednesday. I'm so nervous but the processing times on here looks promising.

ETA: As I typed this..the postman dropped the letters through the mailbox. I instantly thought is was a confirmation from HO but I haven't even applied yet. Nerves! LOL

I can tell this is going to be an anxious wait. :mrgreen:

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 am

iconavdeep wrote:Can some one advice me if there is any thread for First British Passport Application time line.
If not i am thinking of creating one.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... -4200.html

Bradpitt2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bradpitt2000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 am

CAN somone advice me if i CAN Apply for citezenship even if iam not working.( i lost my job 3weeks ago). Many thanx

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 am

Bradpitt2000 wrote:CAN somone advice me if i CAN Apply for citezenship even if iam not working.( i lost my job 3weeks ago). Many thanx
Employment is not a requirement unless you are exercising treaty rights.

Bradpitt2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bradpitt2000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Many Thanx akhurshid

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Waiting

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:19 pm

I applied on 10th of Feb 2015, When I should be expecting the outcome? Any ideas or suggestions??

OrangeSceptre
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeSceptre » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:39 pm

I finally have the approval folks...waiting to get the ceremony booked in...
timeline:
Method of application: Direct
Date of application: 01.08.2014
Method of payment: debit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 10.08.2014
Date of debit of fee: 10.08.2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :10.08.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 24/02/2015 dated 21/02/2015
Date of ceremony: awaiting....

For those who are still waiting from last year...things are moving...keep the hope alive..
Thanks to those who helped..
Regards
T

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

OrangeSceptre wrote:I finally have the approval folks...waiting to get the ceremony booked in...
timeline:
Method of application: Direct
Date of application: 01.08.2014
Method of payment: debit card
Date of receipt By UKBA: 10.08.2014
Date of debit of fee: 10.08.2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :10.08.2014
Date of receipt of approval: 24/02/2015 dated 21/02/2015
Date of ceremony: awaiting....

For those who are still waiting from last year...things are moving...keep the hope alive..
Thanks to those who helped..
Regards
T
Contactss... i need to appky for mu wife. Could u plz ex0laint about which documents you have submitted