ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

He stayed 8 years in UK but he didn't apply for citizenship!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zorba
Newly Registered

He stayed 8 years in UK but he didn't apply for citizenship!

Post by Zorba » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Hello everyone

My father had a long residence in England ( 8 continuous years | 9 months at least in each year ) , he is a Surgeon and was in UK for specialization degree then he worked in some hospitals there ... and he is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England .

That happened almost between 1969 - 1977 ...

Because my father wasn't knowing enough about the UK Citizenship terms and his right to introduce an application for it, he came back home and left UK without introducing for the citizenship ...

My question is :

Is it possible for him to make an application now for the British citizenship after all these long years ( almost 40 years ) ? ...
Does he has an opportunity to get the British citizenship ?

I've looked about that in the terms of British citizenship and if there any deadline for the person who had an old residence in UK to apply later for the citizenship , but I found nothing.

Please I need Your help ..

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: He stayed 8 years in UK but he didn't apply for citizens

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't think your father can apply for naturalisation, unfortunately, and there are number of reasons for that.
He must have been holding ILR and if so he would have lost it after being absent for more than 2 years from UK, he also must have been UK resident for the last 5 years. His profession is irrelevant.
I am sometimes wrong.

Zorba
Newly Registered

Post by Zorba » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:07 pm

@milan69

It's bad news ... anyway I think it's the biggest mistake he made in his entire life to don't apply for nationality before leaving UK ...

Thanx for reply ....

Before writing this post I know that the opportunity for him is almost nonexistent... but anyways I'll be waiting for another suggestions or possible solutions ( if there are any )

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Unfortunately no solutions whatsoever. :(