ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naresh25
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependant

Post by naresh25 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi, I am on ILR and was issued in Jan 2013. My wife joined me in U.K in Aug 2012,and later got an ILR dependant visa which is due for in April 2015. We booked for her Life in UK Test for today (Feb 28th,2015), unfortunately the test has been cancelled and was asked to re-book it again. When trying to re-book the next available slot from the 5 centres near our postcode is on 09th of April 2015. But her visa runs out on 05th April 2015. Can some one please suggest us what we can do in this situation and how to go forward..... When i contacted Life in Uk Test people they were saying as below:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the late notice, due to unforeseen circumstances it has become necessary to cancel your Life in the UK test session tomorrow, Saturday 28th February 2015. This is due to a number of issues which are out of our control. We have put a credit in your account which will allow you to book a further test free of charge.

Once again, please accept our apologies for this late notice and any inconvenience caused.

Apparently we recieved this email yesterday which we did not look into and went to the test centre and then was informed about the cancellation. We are now running out of time and dont know what to do.Please kindly some one help us in this situation.

cfdman

Re: ILR for Dependant

Post by cfdman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Your best bet is

1) First book the earliest available slot and make sure you have a booked test in April.

2) Keep looking the LIUK websiet for cancellations (as frequent as you can)
The cancellations do come occasionally, which you need to grab immediately. If you are lucky and got a slot, then complete the test and then book for ILR appointment (leave two days in-between)

3) If no cancellation do come-up, then I would advice you to make a postal application of extension of her current leave. This will ensure that she is not classed as an overstayer, and will preserve her appeal rights.

4) Once applied for extension by post, pass the LIUK test, and the vary the application from extension to ILR as per the instruction
below.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

naresh25
Newly Registered

Post by naresh25 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks for the reply.

I will keep looking for any cancellations that will come up.

Can i please ask suggestion, as we recently changed our location (a month ago) and when looked at the previous address there is a slot available for next week which is before her visa expiry. We do have a address proof that is not older than 3 months for that post code. Can i book an appointment for that slot as it complies the rule in the documents you need for test

From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the Test. We will not let you take your test without this proof, or if it older than 3 months and we will not refund your test fee. This proof should be an original of one of the following documents (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):
.bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch),
a council tax bill,

So Can you / gurus help me once again in this situation.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:39 am

That should be ok I think.

naresh25
Newly Registered

Post by naresh25 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello Gurus,

Any more suggestions please on our situation.

Thanks in advance