ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ordinary bachelors degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

ordinary bachelors degree

Post by faisal_sherry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi i am going to apply for tier 1 general in January. My question is regarding my qualification which is from back home Pakistan. i have an MBA from Pakistan I have called UK NARIC and told them my university and qualification they said it'll be equivalent to a ordinary bachelors degree. My question is will i still be getting 30 points if they say this? Because one of my friend said no you will not get points for that if naric says its ordinary bachelors degree. Please anyone who's expert in this can tell me. I'm a bit worried. Thanks n Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Is your qualification listed in the PBS calculator? And if so, how many points does it give you for your qualification?

regards

tyre

Re: ordinary bachelors degree

Post by tyre » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:27 pm

if i were you i would send degree certificate to naric uk and ask for equavalency and once i get that equavalency certificate i would send that as proof to home office , it will make education points to be marked easily and home office will not send it to naric for equavalency........

dont trust calculator for abroad degrees..............at all.....
in search of immigration updates

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

Post by faisal_sherry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

@sushdmehta, hi thanks for your time n reply. yes my qualification gives me 30 points in PBS but the only problem is naric said on phone that it'll be an ordinary bachelors degree. Will that affect my application not having honors bachelors just having ordinary bachelors degree?
@tyre, hi thanks mate for your reply here i will send that to naric but my only question is does it affect ordinary or honor bachelors degree?

Regards

waseemjee
BANNED

Post by waseemjee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:18 am

Don;t send the uk naric letter as this will effect you application, if the point based system is giving you 30 points it;s should be it.

They reason i;am asking you not to submit is, because i know some one who have a three year bachelor degree from one of the top most university of pakistan which were in top 500 universites in the world (Time Magazine). But uk naric have only have given his qualification ordinary bachelor degree status. But you know...... what is the funny part ?

UKBA calculator is not giving him any points at all.

So if you degree have a 30 points value as by going with uk naric letter than he should have same points but this is not the case.

i will leave rest to your self to decide.

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

Post by faisal_sherry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:39 am

@waseemje, i dint really understand your last line if it gives me point then i should not submit to uk naric and if i do submit to uk naric and they give me ordinary bachelors degree than application can fail? please make it clear for me thanks.
Regards

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

Post by faisal_sherry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:30 am

Hi so I'll be waiting you guys reply Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 pm

If the qualification is listed in the PBS calculator and awards you points then you not need NARIC letter.

regards

Allan_Cantos
Newly Registered

Re: ordinary bachelors degree

Post by Allan_Cantos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi,

Thank you in advance for a very informative website.

Could anybody please confirm if I can get points by submitting my Bachelor's Degree Ordinary (assessed by UK NARIC) with relevant college documents and a Medium of Instruction Certificate which states that my course Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering was tought in English?

I checked the Points-Based Calculator but I could not get any points in English Language criteria.

By the way I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa category.

Please need your advice if I the documents relating to english is good enough to move forward or do I have to take IELTS?

Best regards and more power to this site.

Allan