ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Treaty rights 6 years, comprehensive medical insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kanopee
Newly Registered

Treaty rights 6 years, comprehensive medical insurance

Post by Kanopee » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:26 am

Hi,
Short question: I'm French, I've been in the uk since 2007.
I've been a student from sept 2007 to dec 2008, then employed from dec. 2008 to now., so over 6 years
I applied for naturalisation in January.
I am asked for the proof of comprehensive medical insurance for my year as a student in 2007-8.
I had an ehic and then was on my partner's insurance, but I haven't kept my old ehic as I had no idea it would one day be of any use.
I've been working for over 6 years, thought 6 years was the required time under treaty rights, what have I missed?
In any case, do you know a way to prove I was covered by the ehic without the card?
Thanks for your answers, I have few days only to send them the documents...

Julian11

Re: Treaty rights 6 years, comprehensive medical insurance

Post by Julian11 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:57 am

Did you claim the study period as part of your EU treaty rights exercise (in that section), or did you only list work for the six years?

If you listed the study period, I am guessing that because it was listed, they are treating your six years as being 2007-2013, which is why this is required. I don't know if you'd be able to change that to just the six years of work at this stage.

However, regarding the health aspect, I have read on here before that if you can get a letter from France's authorities stating you were covered by their health system while here as a student, that should suffice.

Kanopee
Newly Registered

Re: Treaty rights 6 years, comprehensive medical insurance

Post by Kanopee » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Great, thanks, I'll need to see with them then... hopefully they can consider only the last 6 years!
Cheers!