ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa exempt official long residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Visa exempt official long residence

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Hello

I entered the country as a "visa exempt" official in 1997 as my parent was a diplomat. When I got my own passport, the entry clearence was transferred to new passport here in the UK issued by JECU London (now Ukvisas).

Before parent left it was converted into a student visa in 2002. The entry clearence which was transferred into my new passport as "Visa exempt official" expired in 2003. Since then I have been extending student visas. I have 2 months gaps (holidays) in 10 years.

When I went to extend my student visa this year, the caseworker asked for my old passport, which had the old entry clearence and typed some kind of report.

Questions below:

1) Can I claim ILR based on Long residence ? BIA said you can, but just want to make sure.
2) Will BIA have information on my old entry clearence and when I entered the country in 1998 ?
3) Is it possible for caseworker to somehow modify details on the system eg : remove details of entry ?
4) Would you call this case "complex" ?

Thanks.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

When you say "gaps", did you have leave during those times?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm

hello

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had leave. It was a holiday. But in 2003 when I came back to UK, the immigration officer at Heathrow did not stamp the passport. I only have the embarkation stamp from Lanka. Then in my other trips it was stamped. Will this be a problem ? Does not stamping mean there isnt a record of entry ?

Thanks.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 am

you dont need a new thread for every question you have, duplicate threads are not allowed
Magsi

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:16 am

iceman010899 wrote:hello

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had leave. It was a holiday. But in 2003 when I came back to UK, the immigration officer at Heathrow did not stamp the passport. I only have the embarkation stamp from Lanka. Then in my other trips it was stamped. Will this be a problem ? Does not stamping mean there isnt a record of entry ?

Thanks.
Please post these questions in the other thread since it is more coherent and it prevents clogging up! :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!