ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit Permit from India for Child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

buchade_p
Newly Registered

Exit Permit from India for Child

Post by buchade_p » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Forum Admin & friends,

I am kind of in wired situation, never thought it will be that difficult but I am sure someone would have either faced this situation or know the solution. Below is my situation:

1. My Kids born in UK, registered as INDIAN Citizen & got their INDIAN Passport in Jun 2013
2. Kids traveled to INDIA on INDIAN PASSPORT Aug 2013
3. I applied for their British Citizenship(naturalized from UK), Approved Dec 2013 (No Indian VISA applied)
4. Applied for British Passport from INDIA June 2014
5. British Passport Arrived in INDIA Feb 2015

Now I want My family to travel back, but the kids have both the PASSPORT. I booked the tickets for 4th March 2015 and realized below issues, can someone please have a look at it and share their experience.

Do they need EXIT VISA from FRRO, is it must have? I have never registered them with FRRO earlier

I know about 90 grace period of travelling on INDIAN passport when person acquire other nationality, but I came to know that its counted from Date when you receive naturalization cert.

Since they have both Passports now, Is travelling to UK from INDIA will be considered as travelling on British PASSPORT or on INDIAN Passport? I assume if its considered as travelling on Indian Passport I have to pay the penalty too (As long as they allow to fly I don't mind paying penalty too)

b. I have not surrendered their INDIAN Passport, thought of doing that when they arrive in UK - is it possible?
c. Is Indian immigration kind enough to let them travel without Exit VISA

Looking forward for someones prompt reply....

Thanks in advance

buchade_p
Newly Registered

Re: Exit Permit from India for Child

Post by buchade_p » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:36 am

Just to let you know,
There was a bit of struggle but INDIAN immigration authority did let my wife travel on INDIAN Passport, I am sure I might be subjected to penalties which I was ready to pay but I think I might be the lucky one.

Does anyone have any idea how much penalty we need to pay while surrendering the INDIAN Passport in UK?

They were really keen to see the VISA if you are not INDIAN Citizen. Hope this will help someone who is following similar route.

Cheers,
Pankaj

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 pm

The penalty for travel with indian passport beyond the grace period is £145 per trip.

buchade_p
Newly Registered

Post by buchade_p » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks Ban!