ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit application for IT professional

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phss
Newly Registered

Work permit application for IT professional

Post by phss » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Hello,

I've been a lurker in this forum for quite some time, but now I feel I should state my situation and ask a few questions. I am a software developer and I've received a job offer from an UK company (obviously :)) around May. They proceeded with the application of a work permit and, after a long long wait, the Home Office declined the permit stating that the company had not tried enough to find a worker from inside the UK. The company's immigration lawyer told me this was a bit strange, since they have a very thorough interview process and have gone through quite a lot of candidates before me, so they have re-applied for the work permit with more documentation to prove the case.

So, I wondering if anyone have advices about my situation. I've been eagerly awaiting for months and I was clearly disappointed at the first decline, and I am sure the lawyer in my case did everything he could at the time. My questions are mostly:
- Is it that hard to get permits for the IT field?
- Do I really have a chance with the second application, after the first being denied?
- Anyone had a similar experience and still got the work permit?
- I've read somewhere that 90% of times it should take about 15 days to reach a decision about the work permit. Is that still the case?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you think I should further clarify my situation!

phss
Newly Registered

Post by phss » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Since I had no replies, I assume that no one has advices or been through a similar situation?

This is a bit sad to me, since I was half-hoping that someone had been through something like this and was able to get the permit in the end. :oops:

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:28 pm

My company make hundreds of work permit applications. It is very easy to anticipate what recruitment process will work and what will not. Have the company appealled? What exactly was the recruitment attempt?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!